PDA

View Full Version : Hand from Home Game...I Need Advice

Petey Pockets
06-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Still a newbie here at 2+2, but want to get more involved. I want to ask advice about a hand I played tonight in an 8 person freezout NL tourney with my friends.

The game is normally pretty easy to beat with it comprised of 2 or 3 weak tights, 2 loose calling station, and only one tricky LAG that calls lots of raises and plays flops well. I'm really the only tight agressive player in the game, and I normally get heads up with the tricky LAG whenever I raise because he seems prone to call all my raises. Sometimes he outplays me when my AK or AQ misses, but normally I get chips from him when I make a hand.

Anyways, it was only the third hand of the night and we all started with 2k in chips and i was in the BB with blinds at 25-50. The tricky LAG opened up for 150 in first position, and two of the calling stations cold called the raise and I woke up with two red aces in the BB. I knew for almost a fact that I would get at least one caller even with a substantial raise. With around 500 in the pot I made a raise to 600 hoping to isolate the initial tricky LAG, depsite being out of position. Sure enough he called very quickly right behind me and the others folded. I hated being out of position in this spot, but decided to check the flop no matter what hit, because he would bet out no matter what hit. Also, he knows my game pretty well and knows that I'll protect overpairs with an all-in and I wanted to get the most value out of my aces with a check raise knowing he'd bet out with anything.

The flop comes 9-7-3 with two diamonds, and I check to him. He looks me up and bets 200 into the 1700 pot and I quickly raise all-in. He beats me in the pot with 7-7 and I fail to improve.

I guess my question is if there is anyway i can not lose all my chips here or if it is inevitable with Aces and a harmless flop. The main dilemma I have is that his range of hands is so big in calling my raise that my hand value seems to sky rocket. My next question is for more tips for playin against this tricky LAG who seems to call most of my raises and outplay me?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope it paints a picture and you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Shilly
06-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Very descriptive and well thought-out post. You are setting a great example for new posters in these forums.

As for the hand, I think you go broke every time here. Especially with your opponent being the way you described, not getting all the chips in here is unavoidable. Sorry about the hand.

Petey Pockets
06-18-2005, 04:13 AM
Thank you. I hope it wasn't silly to type all that out to hear the simple answer that it's inevitable to bust out here. I look forward to more posting and less of my aces getting cracked.