PDA

View Full Version : Could I have gotten more out of this hand??

El Cuchara
06-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Ok, this is my first hand post, so if it's messed up, sorry. I know about bison's hand convertor, but it doesn't support prima sites. If you would comment 1. on anything wrong with the hand description and 2. what you think the best way to play the hand would've been.

MP is a LAG for sure, marked him maniac first time we played. and SB is a fish in almost every pot. vpip over 90

Table is .25/.50 limit at royal vegas poker 10 max, but currently 6 handed. Hero is Big Blind.

SB posts, BB posts, UG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero raises A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif, MP calls, SB calls.
Pot=6sb
flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero checks (yes I checked), MP bets, SB calls, Hero calls. pot=9 sb

before i get flamed for calling and not reraising, since he bet out I was hoping for the C/R on the turn. I thought if i C/R now I would push him out and wouldn't get the bigger bet.
turn: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
sb checks, hero checks, mp checks (damn)
river: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
sb checks, hero bets, mp raises, sb folds,hero 3-bets, mp caps.
MP hit his flush on the river with hole 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero's pot is ~10bb

I think in the end it worked out okay for this hand, maybe it was the read, maybe it was mp catching his flush on the river. I think that , in general, the way i played it would've have been bad for a standard situation. assuming a relatively standard 10 person ring game, how should you play an absolute nut hand? in HEFAP sklansky talks about slow playing being okay in order to let someone catch a second best hand, so i think this might have been alright.

I seem to go brain dead on crazy nut hands like this and I guess I am wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to get max. value for the absolute nut hand. Call river & check raise turn? Bet like a mad man? Thoughts??

xwillience
06-18-2005, 04:10 AM
its not the easiest to get money into the pot when two aces hit the flop. checking is okay obviously your not afraid of anything since there is no chance of a st8 flush. i think u could have bet the turn tho and just called a raise and then went to town on the river but like i said u wont have huge pots on flops like that

Dave G.
06-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I think you should spend your time worrying about situations that appear frequently enough to affect your bankroll. Flopped quads happen so infrequently that you could fold this hand on the flop and have no significant impact on your bankroll.

Your time is much better spent focusing on other aspects of your play. Focusing on this is a complete waste of time.