PDA

View Full Version : My first post here in a while... AQs bet into on turn

ClaytonN
06-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Yes, I have read Jason's post about the quality of this forum. In spite of this, I am fairly certain the play I made was standard. However, I could use the verification to know I am not retarded.

SB is a 71/4 over 20 hands
BB is a 47/16 over 15 hands
UTG+2 is an unknown

In other words, not much info

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

And also, what's hero's plan if SB and UTG+2 fold and BB 3-bets?

What if there's a coldcaller and BB 3-bets?

ihardlyknowher
06-18-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, I call and pray for a /images/graemlins/heart.gif or Q. I would call any single bet on the river UI, but not overcall a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif river.

ClaytonN
06-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Okay, SB coldcalls and BB calls.

River comes a small heart, SB bets, and BB overcalls.

Now what?

mantasm
06-18-2005, 03:12 AM
raise, call a 3bet

Stellastarr
06-18-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise, call a 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

ClaytonN
06-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Cool, I raised and it was called two ways. king high flush and A6.

Sorry, standard'ish hand, will get something more interesting soon hopefully

SomethingClever
06-18-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise, call a 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This seems like spewing to me on the river, and I play 6-max.

SB called two cold on the turn and led the river. You're really raising as a standard play?

thejameser
06-18-2005, 10:37 AM
i raise if for no other reason than to try to get it HU.

SomethingClever
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about the river. I like the turn raise.

thejameser
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad.

Emmitt2222
06-18-2005, 10:56 AM
You have the nut flush. He may have been slowplaying some sort of full house monster but more than likely he has a smaller flush. Maybe you missed that part. I think this is an easy raise/call

thejameser
06-18-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have the nut flush. He may have been slowplaying some sort of full house monster but more than likely he has a smaller flush. Maybe you missed that part. I think this is an easy raise/call

[/ QUOTE ]

nut flush DRAW

Emmitt2222
06-18-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nut flush DRAW

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The river dude, the river.

SippinSoma
06-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Clayton, this hand was played perfectly on all streets.

SomethingClever
06-18-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, I can't read the board.

Yes, I raise the turn and the effin river. Sheeeeeit.

wdbaker
06-18-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I have read Jason's post about the quality of this forum. In spite of this, I am fairly certain the play I made was standard. However, I could use the verification to know I am not retarded.

SB is a 71/4 over 20 hands
BB is a 47/16 over 15 hands
UTG+2 is an unknown

In other words, not much info

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not reading everyone elses cause the thread is too long

BB could have anything especially the 6 and he didn't snarl on the flop so why now all of a sudden, would be stupid for him to try and bluff so many out of position, remember he didn't get to choose his hand, Do you really want to raise here with a total of 10 outs for a flush and boat draw, maybe let those other guys stay in and build you a nice pot,
check/call this one down.

Just my opinion on the fly

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

oreogod
06-18-2005, 06:02 PM
I was just talking to my friend about a very similar hand.

Raise the turn. get Sb out, even though u are most definilty behind, a positional raise here would be a good thing. Call a 3 bet.

River. Raise without a doubt. Call a 3-bet. SB doesnt have a full house, if anybody does its BB and by overcalling it doesnt look like hes improved past trip 6s.

NH.

Jake (The Snake)
06-18-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so why now all of a sudden, would be stupid for him to try and bluff so many out of position

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, villain is stupid. Yes, he likely thinks he can bluff and win the pot. People do this all the time. I'd guess villain does not have the 6 more than 80% of the time. If he did, wouldn't he try to checkraise?

Raise/call the river for all the reasons everyone has been saying.