PDA

View Full Version : Well so much for my WSOP fun...

Percula
06-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Well I have been looking forward to playing todays NL shootout for months now.

I booked hotel room, planned everything down the T. I managed to talk my new job into letting me take the long weekend despite working there for less than a month.

So I get a good nights sleep and go down and get the rental car to make the drive to LV. Come home pick up the bags and say the goodbyes and get the "good lucks, do wells".

Head out, I dont even make it 100 miles before I am ran off the road, roll the rental car. I came out without a good ID on the offending car, without much more than a couple of burses, and a ton of time and hassle...

By the time I get everything sorted out... hospital to make sure I am not going to drop dead from some unseen injury, ya right, police reports, hotel canceled, insurance companies and car rental company its after midnight!

To make a long story short(er) I gave up on the this one. I was sore, tired, PO'ed as a wet hornet and not paying an arm and a leg for a 45 min flight.

By this time I was so mad, upset that I said the hell with it and took a taxi home. No sense in trying to play a major tournament, tired, sore and PO'ed on a couple hours of sleep.

There is always next year...

SossMan
06-18-2005, 02:31 AM
tough break, bud...glad to hear you are okay.