PDA

View Full Version : First Hand post (how'd I do)

nomadtla
06-18-2005, 01:53 AM
As most of you may be aware I'm fairly new to posting on this forum. I've been reading it for about a month and love to see what you guys think. So for initiation this will be my first hand post (let me have it guys, either about how I post or the hand itself, preferably the latter).
This is only my second hand at the table so no reads

UB .25/.50

Perflop: Hero is SB with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (9 handed)
UTG calls, 1 Fold, MP1 calls, 1 Fold, MP3 calls, 2 Folds, HERO completes, BB checks

Flop: (5SB) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 handed)
HERO bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 raises, MP3 calls, HERO calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn: (7.5 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 handed)
HERO checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, HERO calls, BB calls, UTG folds

River: (11 BB) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 handed)
HERO ?

Questions:
1 Should I have reraised the flop since there's a lot of people comming along, or is there just not enough equity in the OESD and backdoor flush? (I know I don't wanna push people out)
2 Have I played this far to obvious? (if so) what should I do different?
3 go for c/r on river since MP1 seems comitted or bet out?

xwillience
06-18-2005, 01:58 AM
1. i think the flop was fine everyone is more likely to call oen mroe bet than 2 and u want them to come along

2. small stakes is obvious play tricky plays are for opponets who actually think about what the other player is holding not small stakes.

3. c/r seems like a good option MP1 is proably going to bet it again unless he missed his spade draw.

ThaSaltCracka
06-18-2005, 01:59 AM
I can't think of one reason why you would want to raise the flop. Your hand still needs to improve to win, and if you do improve, you want it to be agaisnt a large field so that you will get some action. I think you played the hand fine.

Dacoops3
06-18-2005, 02:01 AM
I highly doubt your opponent put you on 78. Check raise, as he is going to bet out more times than not.

ClaytonN
06-18-2005, 02:03 AM
The flop bet was marginal, but the call of the raise was standard

The turn is absolutely standard

You HAVE to bet out this river. Betting this river guarantees single bets of profit, and possibly a raise and a third bet if MP1 is aggro on the river. Checkraising on the river is too tricky, as it only guarantees two bets and it could get checked around, at which point you'll want to kill yourself.

Furthermore, you don't even want a checkraise because of the other opponents. If you check to MP1 who bets, and you raise, then that's only 2 gained bets as the rest of the villains will fold. And there's the possibility of it getting checked around or him folding to your river checkraise.

Betting out guarantees an overcall or two, and you could get even more out of the hand if people raise. I've seen this happen numerous times at lower limits where I have the nut flush on the end and go 3+ bets on the river versus a villain who caught something like 2 pair or had an overpair/set.

dozer
06-18-2005, 02:08 AM
easy river bet, a check raise will just cause the people in the middle to fold. Bet out and hope to get into a raising war if someone is holding a 3.

caggin
06-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Flop and turn are fine. Bet out the river. MP1 may not bet. That's a pretty scary board for him. He doesn't need to put you on 78, any 3 makes a str8.

bottomset
06-18-2005, 02:15 AM
the flop bet is 100% standard

you have 4opponents, 6outs to the nuts, 2outs that are good a solid % of the time, and a BDflush draw

this hand is worth 7.5-8.5 outs maybe a little weaker than a fd but still very strong draw, 3betting here does have the added bonus of if an offsuit 5 or T hits, they won't put you on a straight

its a lot closer than most of you guys have made it out to be

turn is fine
river I'm betting this out

thesharpie
06-18-2005, 02:33 AM
We know 2 people are along for the ride if we reraise the flop, we're not sure about the 2 who called just 1 bet (BB and UTG).

If we just call the flop raise we make 2 small bets from BB and UTG, assuming both of them call. If we reraise let's assume 1/3 of the time they both fold, 1/3 of the time 1 of them calls and the other folds, and 1/3 of the time they both call. This is an average of 2 small bets you'll make, plus the 2 small bets from MP1 and MP3, for a gain of 2 small bets. It is effing close, as you're putting up another 1SB to gain 2SB with around a 33% equity edge.

Sinnister
06-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Just count how many bets ull make if u bet that u can get vs how many ud get if villain bet and u raise, not counting the harsh chance that he might not. Betting here is standard in my opinion, u might even get a raise from villain

Felipe
06-18-2005, 11:27 AM
good hand.
bet the flop, then call the raise to keep ppl interested (there is also flush draw on board).
bet the river.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KeysrSoze
06-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I like betting this river early position with that many ppl still in. You're just more likely to get more bets in most of the time. You bet out, and get at least 2 callers usually, or get raised, reraise and get even more bets in, while check/raising probably blows away the field usually leaving just you and MP1.

bozlax
06-18-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Questions:
1 Should I have reraised the flop since there's a lot of people comming along, or is there just not enough equity in the OESD and backdoor flush? (I know I don't wanna push people out)
2 Have I played this far to obvious? (if so) what should I do different?
3 go for c/r on river since MP1 seems comitted or bet out?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I'd say you handled this fine. OOP you've got to bet this out because it's a low-card, two-suit flop, and there's no guarantee it hit anybody else. I think it's close between calling the raise and 3-betting, and I lean toward calling.

2. Obvious-schmobvious. You could have A9, two /images/graemlins/spade.gifs, overcards, anything. And that's only if the other players are paying attention. It's micros, very few players are watching what you're doing.

3. You need to bet this out. Again, more than likely nobody (including MP1) is trying to put you on a hand, so you may get a raise out of the hand-aggressor. Some of the rest of the players will probably throw in one-more-bet-one-more-bet just to see what you've got. And since you've got the nuts, it would REALLY suck to have this check through because MP1 is paying more attention than you think he is.

silkyslim
06-18-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet was marginal

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain what should have been done.

AlmightyJay
06-18-2005, 01:07 PM
3-bet this flop. You have an open-ended straight draw and a backdoor flush draw. I give you about 8 outs in all (because you would hate to see the 6 or T of spades). With four opponents, you have a significent equity edge that you should be pushing.

I would bet out on this river. Getting it checked through would be criminal, and there's no guarantee that anyone is going to bet. Plus, if you check/raise MP3, you're facing several opponents with two bets cold. You would probably be better off going for overcalls in that scenario anyway.