PDA

View Full Version : BeerMoney in Vegas

BeerMoney
06-17-2005, 10:54 PM
I will be tearing up the cardrooms in Vegas. Let me know if you're gonna be around and would like to grab a complimentary beer.

I will probably be playing mostly Hold 'Em at the Bellagio.

BeerFish

greenage
06-17-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I will be tearing up the cardrooms in Vegas. Let me know if you're gonna be around and would like to grab a complimentary beer.

I will probably be playing mostly Hold 'Em at the Bellagio.

BeerFish

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck there Beer.

lstream
06-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Good luck beermeister. Bring back the loot.

Bartholow
06-18-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll be there starting the 28th, let me know if you'll still be around.

BeerMoney
06-19-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be there starting the 28th, let me know if you'll still be around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brutal!! Will be leaving next sunday. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BeerMoney
06-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Played in a good 20/40 game. Pretty juicy game. I actually might have been one of the best in the game. It was pretty bad. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Funny thing, i went from 4/8 hold em, to 20/40 stud.

Roland
06-21-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually might have been one of the best in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You’re a total shark.

BeerMoney
06-21-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I actually might have been one of the best in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You’re a total shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.. my statement came across wrong, but when I sat in the game, I felt like I was gambling, but as the game went on, I saw some attrocious plays. The players weren't very good, and I was surprised.

I said I think you're a shark cause you made a nice post, showing a good understanding, much better than mine, and that's why I think u r a shark. No sarcasm.

Roland
06-21-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

SittingBull
06-21-2005, 04:24 AM
Just wondering. Belligeo or Mirage? How did these players rate compared to the online 10/20 PartyPoker?

SittingBull

BeerMoney
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I was drunk!! And I'm not sure how much I won cause I went home with a prostitute........... Just kidding!!

Bull, I only won a small amount, but I only played for 1 hour. I will tell you about the people at my table.

Seat
1 .) Old lady. Very Talkative, very confident. I saw her make a real nice play with aces on 3rd and 4th street against a lag. Lag completed with like a Q up, she called, and some woman in the 2 seat called behind.. Then the lag bets into her on 4th street, and she popped it there, and the two seat called behind,with a seemingly unthreatening card, and lag called. But then she made an open pair of 2's on 5th or 6th, and checked down her aces up.. Weird. She could probably play well, but she wasn't betting the river enough, as well as the strange play with aces up.

2 seat: Made a few attrocious calls, like the one described above.. I think she either had an unimproved 3 flush, or a pair of tens that she called those 2 bets cold with on 4th street. I also am 99% sure she was on some sort of pain killer or something.

3 seat: BeerMoney. Shark.

4 seat: Older guy, who seemed to be slightly tilting. He called a raise from an ace door card after limping with 737, caught a 3 on 4th for two pair, but his opponent caught an ace, and he called his double bet on 4th, called down to the river with the exception of a check on 6th, and folded the river when his opponent bet out. He didn't have any respect for his opponent here, but you've just gotta find a better spot.

5 seat: Middle aged woman i don't think I saw play any hands except for a few completions that took down the antes.

6 seat: empty

7 seat: LAG gambling type. He put a beat on me earlier, in the night, rivering trips against my queens up. He played ttoo many and didn't play well on later streets. He couldn't tell when someone was just gonna call him down.

8 seat: Old pain in the ass. He played just ok.

Overall, the play was a lot more loose passive than what i've encoutnered in the 10/20 on party.

tthree
06-21-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7 seat: LAG gambling type.
What's a LAG...I mean what does it stand for
Limp all game ? ?

BeerMoney
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
LAG = Loose and aggressive. Although "limp all game" is much funnier.

Loose = Plays a lot of hands.

Aggressive = a player who has a high ratio of bets and raises to checks and calls.

MRBAA
06-21-2005, 02:23 PM
So was there anything between 1-5 no ante and 20-40 stud? Any of the new rooms spreading stud games at 4-8/6-12/10-20? Or is stud really as dead in Las Vegas as everyone says?

Nick_Foxx
06-21-2005, 02:28 PM
stud is dead in vegas
mirage had a 5/10 game back in august but they haven't spread that "for months"
i did play 3/6 stud/8 at palace station on friday, that was fun

mike

SittingBull
06-22-2005, 01:22 AM
just curious.
SittingBull

imported_big ben
06-22-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4 seat: Older guy, who seemed to be slightly tilting. He called a raise from an ace door card after limping with 737, caught a 3 on 4th for two pair, but his opponent caught an ace, and he called his double bet on 4th, called down to the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that's awful- nice summary Beer, and congrats on splashing around at those stakes!!

BeerMoney
06-26-2005, 01:30 AM
I pretty much got busted in the 20/40 game, and couldn't catch a thing at the 4/8 hold em.. Lost a bunch /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Fortunately, I won a bunch playing on line at my friends apt.

I was able to spend some time with 2+2er Felicia and she introduced me to the champ, Greg Raymer. That was cool, I didn't have much to say to him, but he obviously seemed like a cool regular guy. I was also able to meet Ted Forrest while at the Bellagio, again, a normal guy who happens to be a world class stud player.

Thoughts about tipping.. People in Vegas are really aggressive about getting you to tip them. People try to goad you into saying.. "Oh, keep the change.."etc... Real annoying. The people who don't seem to be obnoxious are the dealers. One thing that Carlos didn't account for in his post about tipping is that dealers aren't always dealing, in particular at stud tables. People will often get up and wander away, in the mean time, the table breaks, or people like me will refuse to play short-handed.

A coupla thoughts about playing live. .. Playing live is fun, and slightly more relaxing. You have more time to think about what's going on and observe your opponents.. There are less distractions. On the other hand, I think your opponents are going to be more observant of your play as well... Nevertheless, the few 3rd street raises I did make got little respect and I got plenty of action.. Unfortunately my hands weren't holding up .

Losing money sucked, but I stayed with friends, so I was able to still have a good time.

FeliciaLee
06-27-2005, 12:02 AM
It's a bastardization of LAP. In Dr. Al's book, he shortened loose, aggressive players to LAP's. A LAG is a loose, aggressive game. For whatever reason, most of the 2+2 community can't get it out of their minds that an individual person is a LAG. Once a few people screwed up and typed LAG, everyone followed right along like sheep and started typing LAG, too. Baaah!

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: I still say LAP, TAP, LPP, etc. I am anything but a sheep.

FeliciaLee
06-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Things are changing. The experienced players told me they would, and they were right. I didn't expect this much change, this fast, though.

We had a Stud 8 game that evolved into a mixed game of Stud 8, O8 and Razz at Rio. The average age of the player was maybe 35. There was only one retirement aged person playing.

Ditto for the O8/TDL/Padoogi mixed game. Maybe even a younger average age.

Most of the Stud or mixed games at Rio offer a much younger average age.

MGM has been spreading HORSE and other mixed games pretty regularly.

At a poker blogger get together we had two full mixed game with a waiting list one night. Another night, two full games, a waiting list, and a HORPSE game at the Nugget.

At times there have been up to three 50/100 Stud 8 games going at the Rio. Last year I never saw more than one, or maybe a second shorthanded game.

It's coming back, and fast. The numbers have been phenomenal. The first two Stud tourneys at Rio had more participants than all Stud and Stud 8 tourneys last year...combined!

I'm amazed at the number of 20-something's that ask me for Stud advice, or some quick lessons. I'm not a dinosaur anymore! People don't wince when I mention Stud these days. What a nice change.

jefferey
06-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Beer, I just got back from Vegas yesterday. Too bad I didn't check into the site, or we could have met up. I played the Bellagio 20/40 game and the Mirage 15/30 game on a daily basis. As you indicated in a previous post, I also found the games to be VERY passive compared to what I'm used to, and very beatable.

I also ended up entering the $5k WSOP Stud event, and finished in 18th, which was a little disappointing since they only paid 16 places this year (same as last year, even though there were 190 entries this year versus 140 last year!). However, playing with all the top pros for 2 days was an amazing experience! There were very few amateurs in this particular event, so was very cool sitting with all the 'best of the best'.

Hope you had a great trip!

FeliciaLee
06-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Very nice! Congrats (still a huge acheivement regardless of whether or not you made the money).

jefferey
06-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks Felicia! It was my first major tournament and an experience I won't soon forget.