PDA

View Full Version : OT: IP Spoofer for MLB

Gotmilk
06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
No, I don't need it to cheat at poker. I bought the MLB package, but some jackass at MLB seems to think Las Vegas is in the Oakland Athletics market, and the A's games are blacked out (despite the obvious fact that Oakland games are not delivered via local broadcast). They black it out using geographical locations of the IP address. I think it's possible to get around it using a proxy server, but I have no clue how to do this in Firefox. Thanks, Richard

Gallopin Gael
06-18-2005, 03:06 AM
I heard they do it based on the billing address of the credit card that you use to register.

If I'm wrong and you figure out how to do it, let me know as I too would love to see the A's games. And if you're ever headed to Oakland for a game, let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to go.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tomdemaine
06-18-2005, 04:53 AM
Another solution is to swap your login details with someone who lives in a place whose games you don't care about.

Gallopin Gael
06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
A friend of mine and I almost had his brother (who lives in Oregon) buy it for us.

HesseJam
06-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Or, like me, you live in Germany. I can see any game I want - no block outs for me, babies!