PDA

View Full Version : the turn was turned before it was called???

indyace
01-18-2003, 03:33 AM
what is the ruling when the dealer exposes the turn card before the last person called... this is what happened. 1st leave the burn and exposed cards on the table to the side. 2nd-- burn one and turn. (this would have been the river card)3rd--place the exposed turn into the deck and shuffle.4th--turn over the river card without burning a card.

Dynasty
01-18-2003, 06:17 AM
That's the correct procedure in every Vegas poker room I play in.

Ray Zee
01-18-2003, 09:39 PM
it should make no difference what you do. a card is a card as the saying goes. just take the burn and exposed card and reshuffle the deck and get on with the game. people act like its important that the rest of the hand stays in order, like its some predetermined event who wins.
this crap is an old throwback to placate those superstitious players. and rules shouldnt be made for that purpose.

Ed Miller
01-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Actually, I like the way they handle this situation. It moves the hand more quickly because the reshuffling takes place during the turn ("river") action instead of before the turn is dealt. It also, as you noted, placates the superstitious players, which is fine with me. I'd rather have a happy superstitious player in my game than a pissed off superstitious player leaving my game.