PDA

View Full Version : STTF-HU CHAMPIONSHIP ** CALCUTTA(s)

skipperbob
06-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I am going to run two(2) Calcuttas for the "HU" contest on Labor Day....It is not necessary to be there in order to participate and these "gambols" are open to all 2+2'er's.

1.) BLIND-DRAW CALCUTTA: The first 16 people to "guarantee" me that they are in, for $50, will receive a blind-draw chance to win $750 by virtue of their player winning the event. ($50 vig to organizer)...The draw will be conducted in the presence of the participants and at least two of them will verify that the draws are, indeed, "blind". If anybody buys-in, but doesn't attend, I will keep them posted on their pick-status via 2+2 PM's.

2.) REGULAR CALCUTTA: The pool will start with $1,600 (allin by "SFB" and result in him "owning" all the entries). Anybody who wants to "buy" one of the entries must bid at least $150. If someone wants to buy an entry which is already "owned" by another player, they must bid $50 more than the previous price....The calcutta will close
when the "cards are in the air"...You do not have to attend the event in order to bid/buy/or win this contest. Non-attendees will be advised of status via 2+2 PM's. Winning bidders do not have to share their prize with the player that they bought although "toking" is allowed....I fully expect that the eventual pool might be 4 or 5 grand. The organizer will take no vig on this contest.

The final field will be published as soon-as-possible.

Those that want to waste their $$$$ by buying Dali, Raptor, Beef or Zen are welcome to "buy'em while they're cheap"

Irieguy will go for the highest price/SFB next.

If a winning bidder (who is not an attendee) has not paid me prior to start of tourny, his pick will be awarded to the next-highest bidder who is able to pay immediately.

I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken manor and is free of spelling errors /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
06-17-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to run two(2) Calcuttas for the "HU" contest on Labor Day....It is not necessary to be there in order to participate and these "gambols" are open to all 2+2'er's.

1.) BLIND-DRAW CALCUTTA: The first 16 people to "guarantee" me that they are in, for $50, will receive a blind-draw chance to win $750 by virtue of their player winning the event. ($50 vig to organizer)...The draw will be conducted in the presence of the participants and at least two of them will verify that the draws are, indeed, "blind". If anybody buys-in, but doesn't attend, I will keep them posted on their pick-status via 2+2 PM's.

2.) REGULAR CALCUTTA: The pool will start with $1,600 (allin by "SFB" and result in him "owning" all the entries). Anybody who wants to "buy" one of the entries must bid at least $150. If someone wants to buy an entry which is already "owned" by another player, they must bid $50 more than the previous price....The calcutta will close
when the "cards are in the air"...You do not have to attend the event in order to bid/buy/or win this contest. Non-attendees will be advised of status via 2+2 PM's. Winning bidders do not have to share their prize with the player that they bought although "toking" is allowed....I fully expect that the eventual pool might be 4 or 5 grand. The organizer will take no vig on this contest.

The final field will be published as soon-as-possible.

Those that want to waste their $$$$ by buying Dali, Raptor, Beef or Zen are welcome to "buy'em while they're cheap"

Irieguy will go for the highest price/SFB next.

If a winning bidder (who is not an attendee) has not paid me prior to start of tourny, his pick will be awarded to the next-highest bidder who is able to pay immediately.

I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken manor and is free of spelling errors /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SuitedSixes
06-17-2005, 09:26 PM
I am in on the blind draw, if I draw Yugo, I will sell to the first bidder who offers me $15.

I will wait and see what kind of prices I can get on option 2.

If we were doing this parimutuel, I would take a $50 quinella wheeling Irieguy with Raptor, Zen, and Skipperbob.

skipperbob
06-17-2005, 09:51 PM
O.K. Dali...You're good...Really thought I would get that one by everybody /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GrekeHaus
06-17-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am in on the blind draw, if I draw Yugo, I will sell to the first bidder who offers me $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you $3.

Also, I'm in on the blind draw as well.

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
($50 vig to organizer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha.

Have a good time.

bluefeet
06-17-2005, 11:24 PM
i'm in for #1

SlackerMcFly
06-18-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken <font color="red">manor </font> and is free of spelling errors

[/ QUOTE ]
As it relates to the Calcutta (#2). I'll take the field for $50.00 real cash money (not the kind Irie prints) under the following conditions:

1. 60% of the pool goes to first place
2. 25% of the pool for 2nd
3. Whatever is left for 3rd (I'm not good at math so help me on this).

I'll bring the $50 personally and guarandamntee it to be genyouine.

SlarkerFlyMc

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 07:54 AM
You're Down! (#4 signup = 12 left) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Would have considered changes except that I deteck a note of cynicizm /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gigabet
06-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Where do I sign up for this HU championship?

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Irieguy is running it....Vegas on Labor Day w/e...See earlier post (sorry, don't know how to post a link)

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 08:15 AM
1st Annual Labor Day STTF Heads-Up Championship of the Universe
#2636161 - 06/14/05 05:10 PM

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Buckle-up Boys; Gig has just announced his appearance at STTFHUC....and bought hisownself in the Calcutta for $1000;
Now you're getting good odds on low $$$$ purchase of "lesser known" players...Like "SFB" /images/graemlins/grin.gif
THIS IS AN AUCTION CALCUTTA; YOU CAN ALWAYS BID HIGHER THAN THE EXISTING PRICE; e.g. If someone wants to bid more for Gig, they can

Revising my estimate of Calcutta pool; prolly $10K

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Please Note that 7 entries to Blind-Draw Calcutta have already been spoken for; get'em while they're hot.
I would "guess" that Irie will expand the field to more than 16; in which event the Blind-Draw Calcutta will be expanded accordingly /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SlackerMcFly
06-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Rats! Still, I'll take the field for $50 if it pays through 3rd place.

Slacker - Who can now spell, do math and isn't cynical any longer.

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 04:08 PM
You Picked the Wrong Cowboy /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Smockstack
06-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I've got 2 Grand on xPuns1her ! I'll Pwn all you batches!!!

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey BirdBrain: (apologize for insult to all the birds on earth)...If you want an entry to the Blind Draw Calcutta you better stop screwing around and say so...8 gone

GrekeHaus
06-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Is there going to be a website somewhere that we can see the current bids on all the players?

(I volunteer to help if need be)

Daliman
06-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Bah

SlackerMcFly
06-18-2005, 05:01 PM
You assume that all players will be purchased. If not, then you (meaning SkibberPop) automatically own all of them not purchased. I was simply attempting to start the bidding for those un-purchased players ("the field" to non-donks). If bidding on the field isn't going to take place......my bad and your profit.

Put me down for a $50 Blind-draw. I'll get you the cash Saturday. Thanks ever so much.

Brainless Slacker

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Brendon: You PM'd me that "you're in"; I assumed you meant for Blind draw ($50)....Did you mean that, or did you mean the live auction Calcutta.....Blind Draw participants won't know their player(s) until the day of the tourny

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 05:17 PM
O.K. You're down...You can give me $50 this Sat....Please bring Brian's $50 also.

Irieguy
06-18-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm in for the blind draw, and a $150 bid for Zen.

Irieguy

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 05:32 PM
&amp; $150 for yourownself?

Irieguy
06-18-2005, 05:36 PM
No, I don't want myself.

I'm going to have to lay down in the semis and make my money back in a sidegame with Gig... it's never good when the tournament organizer wins it.

Irieguy

Irieguy
06-18-2005, 05:40 PM
By the end of Laborday weekend, Gigabet will be so broke that I'll have to back him in the $3/$6 half-kill omaha h/l game in the Palace Station poker room at 2am on Monday morning.

Irieguy

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[ QUOTE ]
SORRY BOYS; THE BLIND DRAW CALLCUTTA FOR THE 1st Annual STTFHU CHAMPIONSHIP HAS BEEN "SOLD-OUT"....

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Eight paid participants are Irie,Zen,Slacker,Suited66's,Bluefeet,Cleinen,Greke Haus and Skipper /images/graemlins/cool.gifG/L

johnnybeef
06-18-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the end of Laborday weekend, Gigabet will be so broke that I'll have to back him in the $3/$6 half-kill omaha h/l game in the Palace Station poker room at 2am on Monday morning.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a pretty tough game, i dont know if id sit in it if i were gig.

skipperbob
06-18-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I "declared" that the STTFHUC Blind-Draw Calcutta was sold-out, it seems that I made a small 100% mistake. 8 places have been bought...Room for 8 more @ $50/each

[/ QUOTE ]

It's past my bedtime /images/graemlins/confused.gif

John Hurst
06-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm in baby! Just paid my registration.

My defense is impregrenable and my approach is ferocious! I'm gonna eat Daliman's children! I just watched a Mike Tyson press conference.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&amp;n=27067

Big Limpin'
06-19-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My defense is impregrenable and my approach is ferocious! I'm gonna eat Daliman's children! I just watched a Mike Tyson press conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haw! That was the best Mike interwiew ever...
My style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable, and im just ferocious! I want your heart, I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

skipperbob
06-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Ten Paid Participants = Irie,Zen,Skip,Slacker,Suited66's,GrekeHaus,Cleinen ,Bluefeet,John Hurst,iMsoLucky0
No word yet from Dali,Yugo,Beef...Prolly don't have the $50

Five live bidders so far on Live Auction Calcutta

45suited
06-19-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haw! That was the best Mike interwiew ever...
My style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable, and im just ferocious! I want your heart, I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't make this event. I'm just going to head off into Bolivion and feed my pigeons.

GrekeHaus
06-19-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Five live bidders so far on Live Auction Calcutta

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on a live online bidding system for the Live Auction which will become live once the field becomes finalized. It should make the bidding quicker and easier and you'll be able to bid whenever you want...even after 7 pm when skipper bob has already gone to sleep. I'll let you all know when the site is ready to go.

skipperbob
06-19-2005, 05:41 PM
2 more in for STTFHUC - BDC....Beef &amp; Lacky....Only 4 left

GrekeHaus
06-19-2005, 08:54 PM
OK, I've got the live site up and running. In order to log in and bid, you'll need and account. In order to get an account, you'll need to PM either me or skipperbob to get one. If we know you and can trust you, you should get one within 24 hours. If not, you'll need to somehow convince skipper that your money is good.

The current list of players is limited to only those players who have already paid their entry fees. There are others who have made bids on themselves, but as of yet have not paid. They will be added as soon as I have word that they've paid their entry fee.

Any technical questions about the site should be directed to me (skipperbob won't be able to help).

--GH

http://nonninja.net/~bstanton/calcutta/

skipperbob
06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
BLIND DRAW CALCUTTA IS SOLD-OUT....THIS TIME I MEAN IT /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif