PDA

View Full Version : xp color depth

tinhat
06-17-2005, 08:35 PM
How can I make xp default to 16b color? Any time I switch resolutions the damn box keeps coming up with 32b. I only use windows for pt/poker so don't know what surely must be a simple cfg change - registry edit? Control panel? Some admin GUI? I've looked under props which shows me available depths but nothing to force this POS to quit using 32b as the default.

stabn
06-18-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can I make xp default to 16b color? Any time I switch resolutions the damn box keeps coming up with 32b. I only use windows for pt/poker so don't know what surely must be a simple cfg change - registry edit? Control panel? Some admin GUI? I've looked under props which shows me available depths but nothing to force this POS to quit using 32b as the default.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit changing resolutions so often. It shows the max color depth your hardware supports as the default.

tinhat
06-18-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quit changing resolutions so often. It shows the

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it? That's the answer?? Use my computer the way MS thinks I should and not the way I want?? You can't be serious. Are you saying there is no way to set the default or you just don't know how?

Mike

MyMindIsGoing
06-18-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is realy no use for 16bit color today. But if you want it for some strange reason use a program called powerstrip. It lets you customize alot of diffrent modes and easy to switch between them via systray.

http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

tinhat
06-18-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is realy no use for 16bit color today. But if you want

[/ QUOTE ]

There's still a need for being able to choose your own defaults/cfgs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I run xp in vmware under linux and only alloc 384M RAM for xp. Whether the map is video RAM or sys RAM doesn't matter since trucolor is >> 2x what's needed for pt/poker software.

Thanks much for the app...

Mike

BusterStacks
06-18-2005, 04:03 PM
In powerstrip, whatever you set it to is what it will boot in. This fixes your problem.