PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scientologist?

kipin
06-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Who is your favorite?

Ulysses
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Given the unwarranted degree of popularity she has at 2+2, I imagine Catherine Bell would win if included in the poll.

Celebrity Scientologists (http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebrities/celebrities.htm)

kipin
06-17-2005, 07:40 PM
I should note I compiled my list of Current/Former/Possible Scientologists from this list.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/faq-you/celeb.txt

I picked the most "famous" of the bunch.

BluffTHIS!
06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
My favorite scientologist is of course L. Ron Hubbard, who parlayed a career as a science fiction writer into the founder of of a cult that bilks naive followers at the lower level into paying for instruction, that in other religiouns would be free, and hiding the end result of the science fiction fairy tale until they get to the upper levels when their faculties of logic and critical evaluation are compromised. Also, since the subject of taxes is near and dear to every poker player's heart, the fact that Hubbard died on a yacht off the coastal waters while avoiding prosecution for income tax evasion also plays in my decision. (And his death was kept secret by loyal followers for a period of time.)

P.S. As regular readers of DS's religion posts will recognize, I am a Christian and many of the same "it's all madeup" arguements can be fielded back at me if you want. I am just answering the question stated in this post.

brassnuts
06-17-2005, 08:53 PM
This is awesome:

Jenna Elfman on Scientology

How did you get into Scientology? (From a magazine interview)

**My husband has been a Scientologist for years, and I kept hearing him talk about Dianetics. So he gave me the book, which I said I'm not gonna read--it's too big. I'm not a big reader.. And then one day I ran into a situation that made me like, frazzled. I had a job dancing on Murder, She Wrote, and I was spending the night at my now-husband, boyfriend-at-the-time's house. I was so used to the alarm that it didn't wake me up, and I woke up an hour and a half after I was supposed to be there. And you know, you get that panic: "Oh, God! Ohhhh!" I got in the car and I was all frazzled and starting to cry and was rushed, and I couldn't think. I couldn't even put my seatbelt on. I was just a mess. Then I went, Wait a minute--that's purely reactive and insane. Look, I went, you're in the car, you can't get there any faster. So just turn the music on, enjoy. This has happened to me before and I arrived on the set and messed everybody's day up. Being so apologetic is really pushing people away and turning them off--and I had a horrible shoot. It's not optimum. So this time, I said, wait a sec. Now let's just apply what you learned last night. And I went da-da-da, da-da-da and got a lot more analytical about the situation. When I got there, I said, "I'm very sorry I'm late. The alarm didn't wake me up." And they said, "That's fine. We're not going to get to you for another few hours. Just take your time, relax. Get some coffee." Like, wow! I went, This is great. I like this. This helps me. It's just very simple: Scientology helps me live my life better. **

Jenna Elfman
Actress

[b]What the [censored] is she talking about?!

whiskeytown
06-17-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna pick him too, cause he's dead -

the only ones I like are dead ones.

Rb

BluffTHIS!
06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] is she talking about?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have no idea, but it seems like she had a bad experience in her life and then looked towards scientology instead of basically any other religion out there that people look toward after a bad experience.

Jules22
06-17-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the unwarranted degree of popularity she has at 2+2, I imagine Catherine Bell would win if included in the poll.

Celebrity Scientologists (http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebrities/celebrities.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

UNWARRANTED? she definitely warrants some attention, she is insanely hot.

21times20
06-18-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

what a clear and concise example of christianity in the real world

fluxrad
06-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I highly doubt Manson is or was a Scientologist.

Do you see why?

tbach24
06-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Is Scientology the new Kaballah thing?

Tron
06-18-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Scientology the new Kaballah thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaballah is the new Scientology.

imported_anacardo
06-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Gotta go with "a dead one."

BECK?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!....

CallMeIshmael
06-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Is Seinfeld actually one? Or, is that just a rumour?

uuDevil
06-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Jenna Elfman?

For some reason this makes me feel a little more alone. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tron
06-19-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Seinfeld actually one? Or, is that just a rumour?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really just a list of people who have toyed with the idea at some point in their life, to any extent, really... Check out the link kipin posted later in the thread.

EliteNinja
06-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Seinfeld has to be Agnostic.
He just has to.
Listen to him talking.

What's the deEEEeeeal with Scientology?