PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand

Sean D
06-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Played an interesting hand earlier on Pacific. Dealt AAA6 rainbow in the BB. 6 limpers, and I check. Flop comes 2 3 5. I check, EP bets, and 3 callers to me. So the only low that beats me is the case Ace+4. Do you call down in this situation?

Buzz
06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Played an interesting hand earlier on Pacific. Dealt AAA6 rainbow in the BB. 6 limpers, and I check. Flop comes 2 3 5. I check, EP bets, and 3 callers to me. So the only low that beats me is the case Ace+4. Do you call down in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean - No.

You should, in my humble opinion, fold.

There's really no card you want to see, you're only playing for half the pot, and you don't have the nuts in a situation where it would be very reasonable for an opponent to be betting a hand that was the nuts.

If one of your opponents doesn't have a wheel already, a four or an ace on the turn or river will probably make someone a wheel. Because you have three aces, the chances of an opponent already having (or making) a wheel are reduced, but not enough for you not to be very concerned about the threat.

Even when you do win a share of the pot, you won't win enough to justify risking any more of your own chips by chasing here. Look ahead. You're not risking just this one bet. If you call this bet, you'll tend to be stuck for the next betting round, and then the next betting round.

Fold. No question about it.

Buzz

Sean D
06-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Buzz. My thinking at the time was that it was highly unlikely that someone held the case ace plus a 4 to go with it. Yes I was only playing for half the pot, but with 4 others in the pot, I would still make money, barring getting counterfeited. If the pot was heads up, or 3-handed, it would be an easy fold for me. But I thought playing for half would be +EV 4-handed. Is my thinking off?