PDA

View Full Version : super satellite play or squat.............

woodman
01-17-2003, 05:14 PM
big super satellite, final table with ten players, pays nine with 6 seats to the $10k main event. ur the 2nd or 3rd smallest stack and in the 5 seat, with the other in the 6 seat. the smallest stack is in the 7 seat, button is at the 9 seat, here we go. you have enough for antes and blinds to pass once so you can wait for small stack to blind out. fold fold fold then u pick up 10-10 UTG+1, UTG thinks then hesitates to raise, but floor rules a string bet and hence a call. what is your play? you have enough chips to put some minor heat on the pot after the flop. if you play and lose small stack will have more chips when the blinds pass thru, i.e on his BB you will be able to ante one hand and he will put up 1/2BB. so if you both go he finishes #9.

Bubmack
01-17-2003, 06:11 PM
fold. If you are not initating the action - let it roll on by.

You are probably the favorite, but are you ready to call a bet if any overcard falls on the flop? You can probably count on him betting the flop no matter what hits the board. When the stakes are this high - I don't think you want to play with any larger stack...I assume the payout for 7,8,9 are pretty high - being a sattelite. If they are inconsequential - I would raise to try and get myself in place to place the top 6.

Good luck,
Bubs