PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you think 2+2 is becoming clogged with too many forums?

BlueBear
06-17-2005, 03:56 PM

whiskeytown
06-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I was gonna say no but then I saw Computer Technical Help under General Gambling and that's a bit wild.

I don't see why it can't go back under internet forums...

RB

stabn
06-17-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna say no but then I saw Computer Technical Help under General Gambling and that's a bit wild.

I don't see why it can't go back under internet forums...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet needed to have anything useful removed so it can go back to just being about affiliate/rakeback/bonus whore questions.

dogmeat
06-17-2005, 04:26 PM
No, it is being clogged by too many needless polls.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Dan Mezick
06-17-2005, 06:10 PM
The real clog is the incredible variety of posts in forums that are supposedly focused, like psychology.

Someday there will be an entire universe of forums entitled "Online Poker".

By then bots will be beating humans with regularity and online poker rooms will be providing poker-decision support tools for free.

Online is a poker "fork" and a new and unique beast is emerging quickly.

Online has less and less in common with traditional poker with each passing day.

Innovation and Evolution in Poker's Online Medium (http://www.pokercoaching.com/poker_coach_resources_article004.asp)

Shakezula
06-17-2005, 07:04 PM
"The real clog is the incredible variety of posts in forums that are supposedly focused, like psychology."

at least the jesus-talk is gone. and thankfully, the jesus-spam...

benfranklin
06-17-2005, 07:45 PM
I think we need a forum just for polls.

Dan Mezick
06-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Then we'd need one for each and every ethnic group, no? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MMMMMM
06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
No, I think 2+2 is becoming clogged with too many threads.

MicroBob
06-18-2005, 04:43 PM
right.
all the religion threads that were going in the psych forum were kinda bugging me and I didn't understand why they weren't in other topics.

while I would otherwise say 'yes...too many forums' the whole clogging of the psych forum was annoying to me.

to a similar degree....I get kind of annoyed that Sklansky puts his 'strategy-tourney' questions/debates in the WPT forum instead of the MTT or poker-theory forums.

I thought the WPT forum was for talk about a specific TV episode of the WPT or WSOP....or general talk about the 'big-name' players.....not for hypothetical strategy discussions (since I thought we already had forums for that).

However, the WPT forum has pretty much deteriorated into the 'new' poker-gossip forum and sklansky's strategy-debate threads are clearly the most interesting discussions going on over there.

TimTimSalabim
06-18-2005, 05:19 PM
No, increasing the number of forums just makes it easier to navigate to what you want. Imagine if there were only one forum and you had to hunt through thousands of threads to find what you want.

MicroBob
06-18-2005, 05:40 PM
they didn't have thousands of threads there..
but I think that the start of 2+2 was just one forum....then they dissected into 2 or 3....then from there have just kept branching out to keep up with demand.