View Full Version : Wynn 2-5 Live Game

maranello11
06-17-2005, 03:28 PM
2-5 NL at the Wynn, no cap on buy-in, I have about 1200 villian has about 450. Villian is weak tight and over plays his high pairs, top pairs etc. I am utg with 77, i post my 10 Two limp, villian on the button makes it 35. We have been playing 2-5-10 for the last 2 orbits so table has opened up a little. I call everyone else folds.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

My read on him is AA- KK QQ JJ AK. I check he bets 50. I call. I feel like I can trap him with his 2 outer.

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif I check he bets 100. I call looking to checkraise river or bet out depending what comes.

River : A /images/graemlins/heart.gif which scares me a little. I check, he bets 200
whats my plan?

Eegs
06-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Make him put the rest of his money in and win with your set over his AJ, AQ wtvr

scdavis0
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Make real dramatic show of it. Rub your head for a little bit and then say, "Ah hell.. If you got AK I guess you just get it all!". Then sloppily shove the rest of your chips in the middle.

sirtimo
06-17-2005, 03:48 PM
check/raise the turn.

If he bets 200 on the river he only has about $100 left. Raise him all in. You're good here the vast majority of the time

not_da_nizzles
06-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Lead the flop, barring that, lead the turn, barring that, lead the river.

Now that you've played it like this though just put him all-in. If I've read this right he only has another $65 left behind him anyways. If you get shown AA then the outcome would probably have been the same if you'd played it as I described above except that you'd have gotten your money in as a big favourite.

mj

LuvDemNutz
06-17-2005, 03:59 PM
This is a strange thread -

I would've cred the turn.

Given how you played it, cr all in on river. He doesn't have that much left anyway.

augie00
06-17-2005, 04:09 PM
You really needed to get all in on the turn. If you thought he had AA-JJ wouldn't he call anyway? He has so few chips left...

kagame
06-17-2005, 06:42 PM
based on the way this thread is written Hero got rivered

why have to guess if the over that hits sets your opponent?

all in earlier like others said

flawless_victory
06-17-2005, 07:12 PM
look dude, you said he is weak, but will overplay good one pair hands... then you flop a set and callcallcalllcall. bet flop, CR flop, bet turn, CR turn... as you played (ABSOLUTELY AWFUL,) the river is prob a fold...(obviously should of led for a value bet.

bobneptune
06-17-2005, 07:18 PM
personally, i don't like this line.

your check-calls of his flop and turn bets reek of slowplaying a set. you'll never get all his money on the river if he's awake.

i think a better line is to lead out on the flop. pray he has AA or KK and you say he likes to overplay them. he might push right here. the only hand you are behind here is 9-9. you are crushing everything else.

cjmewett
06-17-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River : A /images/graemlins/heart.gif which scares me a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
as you played (ABSOLUTELY AWFUL,) the river is prob a fold

[/ QUOTE ]
What reason do we have to believe that the villain has a set of aces? What reason do we have to be scared by an ace? Basically what you're saying is that a PF raise on the button signals aces. This is dumb. The only reason I can imagine the OP is so "scared" here is that he got shown aces. Bad luck.

The line's passive, too tricky, and generally terrible. Having said that, get the rest of your money in, because you win most of the time here.

JasonP530
06-18-2005, 04:10 AM
does AK bet the turn and do JJ/QQ/KK bet the river? well then....

Rotating Rabbit
06-18-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make real dramatic show of it. Rub your head for a little bit and then say, "Ah hell.. If you got AK I guess you just get it all!". Then sloppily shove the rest of your chips in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

About as transparant as a window.

LuvDemNutz
06-18-2005, 07:04 AM
I bet the river with JJ or QQ trying to make KK fold.

kagame
06-18-2005, 10:06 AM
actually quite translucent to the crowd in that game at the wynn....

maranello11
06-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Well thanks for the replies. I posted this because this guy was a rock. People where getting him to lay down top-pair top kicker on a safe board. So when I flopped a monster i figured if i re-raised a good amount of money he may lay it down. I did not play it text book I know, but I was trying to get tricky and it back fired. Villian had 1010 he turned his set. I guess I was losing either way even if I did check-raise the flop. Oh well