PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 3rd monitor

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Alright so here is my setup

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/3monitors.jpg

The far left monitor is connected to DVI-VGA connector. I believe this is my video card (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316086&pfp=cat3) but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyways, when I set all three video cards to 1600x1200 resolution, the left monitor comes out all kinda scrambled and bizzare. But if I set the right two monitors to some other resolution, I can set the left monitor to 1600x1200.

Is there any way I can have them all set to 1600x1200 or am I just screwed?

Stuck
06-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Try putting lots of little stickers round the edge of the leftmost monitor.

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my own defense I have not put any stickers around my monitor, my roomate has taken all of them from his cereal boxes (minus the powerbar sticket)

Skipbidder
06-17-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are just too fast.

mmbt0ne
06-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Have you tried not using the DVI-VGA connector and just plugging it into the VGA straight?

Also, just so I understand, you have 3 different video cards for this right?

Freakin
06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Recreate this thread in the Computer Help forum. I'm sure people will be willing to help out for the novelty of it all. My suggestion is to try out the monitors in pairs of two. Also, have you tried a decent multi-mon software like UltraMon? It may be that windows is [censored] up w/ the resolutions of different monitors.

Freakin

SmileyEH
06-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Buy 2 Dell 2001fps.

Chicks will like be all over you.

-SmileyEH

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Recreate this thread in the Computer Help forum. I'm sure people will be willing to help out for the novelty of it all. My suggestion is to try out the monitors in pairs of two. Also, have you tried a decent multi-mon software like UltraMon? It may be that windows is [censored] up w/ the resolutions of different monitors.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh, new forum! ok i try that

BusterStacks
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried not using the DVI-VGA connector and just plugging it into the VGA straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

error. incorrect. the left most monitor is not connecting by changine VGA to DVI, its by changing DVI to VGA thus there is no way around this connector.

What refresh rate are you using for this?

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 1 video card that just came with the computer, and then I bought the one stated above that comes with 1 DVI and 1 VGA.

I have no idea what kind of refresh rate i'm using.