PDA

View Full Version : (Dumb?) question about tourneys with rebuys...

JerseyTom
06-17-2005, 02:53 PM
A player busts during Level 2 of a tourney that allows rebuys during the first 4 blind levels. If that player intends to rebuy *at all*, do they need to do so immediately after they bust? Or can they wait until, say, 2 minutes remain in Level 4?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks,

Tom

xtal
06-17-2005, 03:05 PM
In my game, you rebuy immediately, or not at all. Unless there is a scheduled break, and the player busts out immediately prior. They have the duration of that break to decide. I've had players ask for a minute to decide, and that's OK too. However, no hands are played whilst they decide.

Ratman138
06-17-2005, 04:11 PM
In a B&M tourney you must immediately rebuy or not at all. once action begins again that player is removed from the tournament if he has not rebought.

Yawkey
06-17-2005, 05:10 PM
This is really something that falls under "house rules" and needs to be decided by the host before hand. Here's my suggestion though, if blinds pass the players position twice it is too late to re-buy, however if they miss one set of blinds and then re-buy they have to pay them when they re-join. I think this gives a reasonable amount of time without affecting the flow of the game too much.

TomCollins
06-17-2005, 11:44 PM
I've never heard of a non-immediate rebuy.