PDA

View Full Version : ZeeJustin was right

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
At least, I think it was him who said this worked.

When I'm going to be pot committed in the BB late in a tourney, I've been typing "I'm pot committed, so have something."

I'm positive I've been getting a couple of more walks as a result. I've noticed that a couple players still don't care. I respect those players. They're like me, cause I wouldn't care if someone said that either. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, maybe this will stop idiots from raising my BB with 32o when I'm pot committed.

No....wait....probably not

octaveshift
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Funny. I have a lot of different lines I run from time to time.

If I am on the BB, and call a desperate "steal" from someone, only to suck out on them when they table a legitimate hand, I type: "STAY OFF MY BLINDS PEOPLE. DO YOU GET IT YET? I WILL CALL YOU." Then when someone pushes after that, I assume they have a made hand, or have their chat off. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sometimes I will make a big deal about cold decked, and then after my first steal, I will say something like "Finally, some real cards."

I doubt it helps much, but it can't do much harm. Plus it gives me something to do while I wait for the donkeys to break each other.

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, maybe this will stop idiots from raising my BB with 32o when I'm pot committed.

No....wait....probably not

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

I'm not sure how much it's helped, but I haven't been facing as many Q7 or K3 raises into my pot committed big blind. It's obviously not stopping A5 or 44, but if I can get one extra walk per night, what the hell.

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I will make a big deal about cold decked, and then after my first steal, I will say something like "Finally, some real cards."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I did this last night. We were heads up and I was running cold, and had lost 6 straight hands or so (blinds were only 150/300, so I wasn't crippled). I typed, "What a bunch of lousy cards." The next hand they went to 200/400 and I pushed with 75o.

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes and he probably folded his 42o or something instead of folding A9s because he thinks you picked up something huge.

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes and he probably folded his 42o or something instead of folding A9s because he thinks you picked up something huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying it before the cards are dealt. Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever. You looking for an argument or something?

octaveshift
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahah. I do the same thing. "Chat" grenade.

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying it before the cards are dealt. Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever. You looking for an argument or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if I am, punk?

Seriously though, this probably isn't doing anything. I saw a guy the other night say "oh man i gotta go my wife needs me" and then he promptly raised to 250 in level 2, he then went all in on the flop with someone who had TPTK and he of course showed KK.

Weak when strong, strong when weak.

Karak567
06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
In a MTT the other day I was in 2nd place LATE in the tournament and they moved the chip leader to my lift. I have never cursed so loudly in my life. Either way, the first chance I got, I did a wussy steal from him, to see what he would do.

He folded then said "From now on I am putting you all in."

I said "I kinda hoped you would do it that time."

The next two orbits I stole from him no problem and then they moved him away, haha.

Oh yeah and one night I pretended like I was a drunk on the first hand because I got dealt AA.

I was typing all crazy and stuff and said "all ni frist hnda no mat3r waht!! i amb so drubnk."

It didn't work and I felt like an idiot.

Bigwig
06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, this probably isn't doing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I didn't say that ZeeJustin or myself discovered the AIDS vaccine or something.

:: throws right hook ::

octaveshift
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah and one night I pretended like I was a drunk on the first hand because I got dealt AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BEST thing to do here is type "FYI - I am pushing every hand."

"Sex Panther. 60% of the time it works EVERY time."

Daliman
06-17-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if I am, punk?

Seriously though, this probably isn't doing anything. I saw a guy the other night say "oh man i gotta go my wife needs me" and then he promptly raised to 250 in level 2, he then went all in on the flop with someone who had TPTK and he of course showed KK.

Weak when strong, strong when weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, it may not really hurt either, but then again, if they push with crap, your crap may be better, so probably about equal EV.

My fovorite chat trick, however, is when in the BB, if I get a walk late, I like you type in "Ooh, JJ, or something similar, just to kinda plant the seed of "Whew, I dodged a bullt there ny not steal-raising. I'm glad I was careful, and maybe should be more so in the future". May help, may not, but definitely can;t hurt.

Actually HAVING a huge hand in the BB late, it's nice to turn off automuck and show your opponent you had a big hand so they feel like being passive was a good move.

That said, I have NEVER understood the people who show a crap hand when they get a walk in the BB. What, do you WANT people to steal more from you?

gumpzilla
06-17-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Actually HAVING a huge hand in the BB late, it's nice to turn off automuck and show your opponent you had a big hand so they feel like being passive was a good move.

That said, I have NEVER understood the people who show a crap hand when they get a walk in the BB. What, do you WANT people to steal more from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

So lots of people in the 109s and 215s think that the hand you had in your last BB correlates with the one you have this time? I'd like to think that anybody sensible enough to be making a concerted effort to steal the blinds late realizes that what you have in your hand isn't a variable they get to concern themselves with.

Let's not overlook the reverse psychology angle either. It's not implausible that some low-level opponents will figure that since you showed JJ in your last blind, there's no way you could have a big hand again next time.

Cunning Linguist
06-17-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What, do you WANT people to steal more from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh okay, I'll just help myself to your blind next time."
"I will have a good hand next time."

[3 Hands Later]

Hero Pushes
Villain Folds

"Your mapper is faulty."

Daliman
06-17-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So lots of people in the 109s and 215s think that the hand you had in your last BB correlates with the one you have this time? I'd like to think that anybody sensible enough to be making a concerted effort to steal the blinds late realizes that what you have in your hand isn't a variable they get to concern themselves with.

Let's not overlook the reverse psychology angle either. It's not implausible that some low-level opponents will figure that since you showed JJ in your last blind, there's no way you could have a big hand again next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it doesn;t correlate, although I can't necessarily rule out that some of the idiots DON'T think that, but you are missing the point. If you had 84o in the SB, with 2100 chips, and I had 1400 Chips in the BB, if you were entertaining thoughts of stealing, fold, and I then show you JJ, you are happy you were prudent in your judgement, and are reminded that all BB's are not ripe for the picking. Of course, this shouldn't matter all that much, really, but I seem to notice a bit more judiciousness thereafter from my Sb a fair amount of the time.

As far as the reverse-psychology aspect of, "He was big last time, he won't be this time", well, I suppose there are idiots out there like that, but if they think that, they'll make planty of others errors along the way so I'm not much concerned.