PDA

View Full Version : AA too big to dump or muck em

Sinnister
06-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Didnt even pay attn to reads at the time to excited and had outs

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Ac (one pair, aces).
UTG+1 has Kc Jc (two pair, kings and jacks).
CO has Jd 4d (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 15.50 BB. [white/color]

deception5
06-17-2005, 01:02 PM
I play it the same.

Nikademus
06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
This looks like a fairly easy place to fold AA on the river. UTG's raise on the flop puts him likely on two pair, possibly straight (AQ?) or flush draw. I would have said the Th locked it up for him. A re-raise on the turn would have given you info on him, and you could have checked down or folded on the river.

Sinnister
06-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Well i knew i was beat when he capped the flop i put him on kj, plus overcalling was a bit scary but the pot was huge.

Still easy fold? I had 15 to 1 on the river i beleive

Sinnister
06-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Reraising the turn is awful here in my opinion. If im beat i get reraised and call c/f the river. check call the flop i especially with the ten i am now at least giving him 2 pair but have to check what cuttof is up to. He bets cuttof only calls so I assume my outs are still live so i see the river. Pot is damn big and cuttof doesnt raise i could have been up against ak and some trash i had nice odds. With ur line of play id have lost much more to find out what i already know. In typing this i thank you for helping me realize it was a crying call but the correct play

AlmightyJay
06-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't think you can overcall this river. There's a 4-straight and a 3-flush on the board, plus someone who has been showing strength since the flop. I think you're behind. I might even find a fold on the turn.

Fantam
06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
You know better than to post results Sinnister /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyway I guess your title reveals that you lost this hand.

UTG+1's flop raise might just have been Kx for top pair, but his capping suggested that he most likely had a made hand such as a set (88) or 2 pair.

I think you were justified in calling the turn, because you had 6 outs to improve to top set or the A straight in a big pot. Also I doubt that CO had the flush, as he did not raise.

Finally, although I think that you are most likely beaten on the river, I think you should still call. This is because the pot is big and its just possible that UTG+1 has overplayed something like Kx and that CO has a weaker hand.

MN_Mime
06-17-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraising the turn is awful here in my opinion. If im beat i get reraised and call c/f the river. check call the flop i especially with the ten i am now at least giving him 2 pair but have to check what cuttof is up to. He bets cuttof only calls so I assume my outs are still live so i see the river. Pot is damn big and cuttof doesnt raise i could have been up against ak and some trash i had nice odds. With ur line of play id have lost much more to find out what i already know. In typing this i thank you for helping me realize it was a crying call but the correct play

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising the turn either. You want to see a showdown as cheaply as possible and maybe outdraw the field. The CO calling the whole way concerns me. It's one thing to protect your post, but to chase a capped flop and then call it down could be a draw or a 'clever' calldown with a made hand. Personally, I don't see how CO can be TPTK (maybe with AH and offsuit King/Queen) or worse against a coordinated board.

Sinnister
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
lol check the results on what cuttoff had

Sinnister
06-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Amen. I felt the same way then someone pointed the 4 to a straight, however the cuttoff seemed weak so It probably wouldnt concern me here. A call is debatable but a fold here woulndt be HORRIBLE. THX guys

As for posting the resul;ts it was necessary to show u what kind of player cuttoff was

TomBrooks
06-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Grunching.
As you did, I would call them down from that scare card on the turn and even though the river card added to the straight possibilities.

Edit Note: checked the results. Amazing CO came along with only a pair of Jacks. He's the kind of guy you like at the table. Donktastic.

Calling down with the aces seems OK to me though without a read.

If I had a read that the guy was postflop passive, I would still call the turn based on 2 Ace and 4 Queen outs (7:1) or 4 outs (11:1) if we take away the hearts (and hoping he doesn't have a flush already made), and I would fold the river unimproved.