PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Whitening?

scott8
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Anyone done it?
Why is there is so much difference in price?
WTF? My teeth are brown and yellow, time to start brushing or get this thing done.

steelcmg
06-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Atleast u have teeth!

OtisTheMarsupial
06-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I have done it. It looks good.

But seeing as how most of the OOT crowd doesn't even brush their teeth I'd suggest you start with the brushing and flossing regularly part first.

scott8
06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Did you do laser or the gel?

HopeydaFish
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the gel and I did the strips (which have gel on them). The gel was easier. The strips are messy and gross. My teeth were noticeably whiter within a week.

The only thing I didn't like is that it gave me indigestion. No matter how hard you try not to, you're bound to swallow a certain amount of peroxide.

SippinSoma
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
http://odharefs.ods.org/hotswinginaction/images/heathernew.jpg

HopeydaFish
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...obviously the lady who posed for my avatar doesn't share my affinity for teeth whitening. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zygote
06-17-2005, 02:04 PM
i got a home kit from my dentist and it worked beautifully. I now have celebrity-quality teeth /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Blarg
06-17-2005, 05:07 PM
But no gums!

Uston
06-17-2005, 05:34 PM
It's best to do it after a teeth cleaning. The whitening kit won't remove certain stains and whitening the non-stained portions of your teeth will just make the stains more noticeable. Plan on spending between $200 and $300 to get the molds of your teeth made and several syringes of the whitening gel.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-17-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gel. mine were pretty white to begin with.

Dead
06-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Just use the Crest White Strips. Get the premium ones. They're ~$30 and work great.

-Skeme-
06-17-2005, 06:03 PM
The gel strips are insanely hard to put on. They barely stay on. The whitening paste crap you paint on has been working. I also just bought a tongue scraper and some floss picks.

tinhat
06-17-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few beers and she's Katie Holmes...

Sponger15SB
06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's best to do it after a teeth cleaning. The whitening kit won't remove certain stains and whitening the non-stained portions of your teeth will just make the stains more noticeable. Plan on spending between $200 and $300 to get the molds of your teeth made and several syringes of the whitening gel.

[/ QUOTE ]

So decide to get your teeth whitened after seeing this picture...

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/richard_hamilton.jpg

TStoneMBD
06-17-2005, 08:59 PM
i dont understand how to get my teeth white. i bought the crest strips but they are disgusting. i had a mouth full of nasty gel paste for the duration that i left the strips on and couldnt swallow. it was gross. i havent done it since.

i then purchased listorene whitening mouthwash because i use listorene mouthwash anyway. its not as tasty as normal mouthwash but its satisfactory. i dont know how well its going to work though.

what is this lazer method that people are talking about? if i went to the dentist, had my teeth cleaned and asked about whitening what do they tell me? do i have to use the nasty gel stuff for weeks upon weeks or is there some sort of insta-whitening kit that costs a few hundred bucks or something? id much rather do that. how do all these celebs get their teeth so white? i guarantee they arent all at home using crest white strips twice a day.

Dead
06-17-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do all these celebs get their teeth so white? i guarantee they arent all at home using crest white strips twice a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

They use porcelain veneers. They cost about 40k. Interested? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

wacki
06-17-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just use the Crest White Strips. Get the premium ones. They're ~$30 and work great.

[/ QUOTE ]

CVS (GENERIC) > Crest white strips

Dead
06-17-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CVS (GENERIC) > Crest white strips

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you put the generic tag after CVS. I would have thought CVS was an STD.

Anyway, good genes > CVS > Crest, for white teeth.

Rushmore
06-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Opalescence works great (much better than Crest strips), and really didn't cost me much--I paid ~$30 through EBay.

It's easy to use and really does work.

cbfair
06-18-2005, 12:06 AM
What you said. Dentists have a procedure thats way better, easier and faster than all the home products; it probably costs $150-200. I've used the strips and gels and they make a difference but they're pretty unpleasant.

My plan is to have the professional deal done then use a home product every six months or so.