PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs Eagle

JDErickson
06-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Opponent here is a decent player, Probably Eagle status. COmments on turn action

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB

bozlax
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Why not bet out the turn? Are you worried about a C/R from AK? On this board, I would expect a "decent" player to C/R you on the flop if he connected, no?

I fire another on the turn, prepared to fold to the C/R. Scratch that, I call the C/R and check/fold the river UI.

krimson
Assuming he is good player like you say...

If he was on the flush draw or OESD he would likely semi-bluff (check-raise) and lead the turn. If he had the K he would probably show more aggression on the flop. Therefore I don't see how your behind.

He is probably just calling to see the turn with something like AQ/AJ or caught the T and is hoping to improve.

toss
I think the line is fine since getting checkraised on the turn will place us in a tough spot.

mute
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't like giving a freebie to /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA or /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ, so I would bet the turn. I also wouldn't mind if he folded any ace or queen.

LinusKS
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I bet/call the turn, and check/call the river.

It's nice that you have the J of diamonds, but I'd still be worried about the Ace and Queen. There could be straight draws as well.

The problem with the river bet is that you're not collecting anything much of the time when you're ahead, and getting raised most of the time when you're behind.

toss
06-17-2005, 01:14 PM
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif are two prime candidates for this Eagle to checkraise the turn with, which leaves us in a tough spot on the river, especially if a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif falls.

Grease
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I bet the turn and plan to check the river unless a J or a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif falls, in which case I'm betting.