PDA

View Full Version : AJo in LP

PygmyHero
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Crypto $0.50-$1 Limit Texas Hold 'Em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is in LP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#666666"> 2 folds, </font> <font color="black"> MP calls, </font> <font color="#666666"> 1 fold, </font> <font color="red"> Hero raises, </font> <font color="black"> CO cold calls, </font> <font color="#666666"> button folds, SB folds, BB folds, </font> <font color="black"> MP calls</font>

Flop: (3.75 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets, </font> <font color="black"> CO raises, </font> <font color="#666666"> MP folds, </font> <font color="red"> Hero re-raises, </font> <font color="black"> CO calls </font>

Turn: (6.75 BB) T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red"> Hero bets, </font> <font color="black"> CO calls</font>

River: (8.75 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red"> Hero checks, </font> <font color="black"> CO bets, </font> <font color="red"> Hero calls </font>

Results in white below:
<font color="white"> Hero shows AsJc for two pairs, aces and twos, with jack kicker.
CO shows Ac 9c for two pairs, aces and twos, with T kicker.
Hero wins pot, 10.75 BB (minus 0.5 BB rake).
</font>

AJ is a hand that I sometimes have trouble playing. With the PF cold call I am not sure if my ace is good or not. Here's what I'm wondering:

How do people feel about the PF raise? Would it be better to limp and take the flop?
Given that the CO cold-called me, should I bet my ace on the flop? Is three betting the appropriate flop action when I am raised?
Given that the CO calls (but does NOT cap) the flop, is betting a non-scary turn card correct?
Finally, what is my best river action? The 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif puts an unlikely backdoor flush on the board. Will I get called by a worse hand if I bet? I assume check raising is out of the question.

I've never posted in the Micro forum before so I really appreciate any responses. One last note - I tried to use Bison's hand converter by cutting and pasting the hand history from the Crypto log into the 'Input' section on Bison's page. The web page told me it did not recognize the hand format. Could someone please either tell me the correct directions or give me a link? Thanks a lot!

jrz1972
06-17-2005, 12:38 PM
This is fine except you should bet the river.

An alternative line is to just call the flop raise and check-raise the turn, but that's a little on the donkish side.

Another alternative line is to switch to WA/WB once it gets HU. Call the flop bet, check-call the turn, and bet the river.

Your read on CO will usually dictate which line to adopt.

droolie
06-17-2005, 12:46 PM
You have to raise this PF every time.

I call the flop raise and C/R the turn.

Bet the river and call a raise. He will certainly call you with a weaker A here or any other piece of crap. If you are raised you're in trouble but the pot is big and you should see what he has.

PygmyHero
06-18-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Another alternative line is to switch to WA/WB once it gets HU. Call the flop bet, check-call the turn, and bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone please tell me what WA/WB means? I tried to search for it, but to no avail.

BTW - I should have said in my OP that I had NO information on the CO, or the table. This was the fifth hand after I sat down.

Thanks again for the input.

bozlax
06-18-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone please tell me what WA/WB means? I tried to search for it, but to no avail.

BTW - I should have said in my OP that I had NO information on the CO, or the table. This was the fifth hand after I sat down.

Thanks again for the input.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2208008&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) .