PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me analyze these hands

imported_exelius
06-17-2005, 11:46 AM
These are some of the hands from last nights session. This was after about 2k hands the first time I really felt like everyone was drawing out on me. I felt I wasnt aggressive enough after reading the postflop section of SSH before this session.

But maybe someone can help me out here

1. In this hand SB is loose maniac has 90%+ VP$IP over 75 hands, BB is very loose also so my thinking was these guys could have anything and I didnt know what they had because they play lots of bad hands and were winning pots with 84o and such. Reading SSH I thought (if i read right) situation like this to bet out, am i wrong here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

2. This next hand SB is again pretty loose, and I was aware of the flush draw and his raise but thought that the looseness of him would tell me that he still could have anything?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

3. This hand same thing, loose players again maybe 30% VP$IP or so, cant remember.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Thanks so much for the insight,
Ex

Marquis
06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Hand 1: I just call the river and let the SB call behind me. Raising has some good spite value though.

Hand 2: The flop bet does nothing for me. I check.

Hand 3: I'd like the flop bet a lot more if you raised preflop. I'm not betting this flop with 4 loose opponents though.

jrz1972
06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Hand 1: Fine, especially if BB is aggressive post-flop. If he is very passive, I would probably just call here instead of raising.

Hand 2: Check the flop and take your free card. Given the way you played it, the river call is mandatory.

Hand 3: I raise this PF. Especially if you had done so, I would be fine with the flop bet, though checking is probably better, and having bet the flop, the turn bet is standard, but the river bet is too much. MP1 has something, he's not folding it, and no matter how pathetic his hand turns out to be it's going to beat yours.

Fantam
06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Hand #1.
You played this hand fine. This was not a threatening board to your overpair and you were correct to bet out and raise so as not to give free cards. You would have been unlucky if you were drawn out on the river by 2 pair.

Hand #2.
SB's flop raise could have meant he had top pair, 2 pair or a set. I think a flush draw was less likely.

I would have raised SB on the turn, when you made top pair, as you quite likely had the best hand. If SB 3-bet the turn, then I would have called down to showdown, as you read him as being a maniac.

Hand #3.
I think that you may have been a little too agressive in this hand.

I think either MP1 or MP2 could have been calling the flop with a small to medium pocket pair or a 3.

When you didnt improve on the turn, I would have checked and folded to a bet in this small pot, as I expect that you are most likely behind at this stage.

If the turn had been checked round, again I would have checked the river unimproved and folded to a bet, as the pot was small and it was very unlikely that you would win.

McGahee
06-17-2005, 12:17 PM
You need to think about the prior action within the hand before you click these buttons dude.
In hand #1 you're the PF and flop aggressor. You are challenged on the turn and respond with a strong "get the hell out of here" raise. Then ANOTHER villian bets into you on the river - do you really think he has anything less than 2 pair here?
In hand #2 you turn TPGK on a nice board I would strongly consider raising, but it's unlikely SB is on a draw here - more likely he was trying to protect something on the flop. I'm not sure if he has 2 pair or just 10's with a good kicker; read dependant.
Hand #3 is a drawless board - he's calling with something - check/fold the river. Check/call the turn too because getting raised by trip 9's would suck.

Rev. Good Will
06-17-2005, 12:19 PM
1 - looks standard

2 - with 1 limper and in your position, I'm raising this PF. I like a flop bet more if you raised PF. Hows your read on aggressiveness against villian here? More often than not, I see a raggedy two pair here. Folding the turn is in order if you were UI. Read pending, folding even here isn't too bad, since the pot is small. I would probably call down here too since I turned top pair.

3 - Raisie this PF. I think the hand would've played better on such a crappy board. Aside from that, from all streets, I don't think the pot is big enough to be worth fighting for.

imported_exelius
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the replys, seems hand 1 was ok and the others need some tweaks. This was my first table with really big maniacs all over it. The table was averageing 50-60 % VP$IP for awhile.

So, I take it my play isnt that bad and other than some tweaks I'm doing alright against them. I'll try again tonight. One thing is I start counting outs and doing pot odds and time seems to run dry on me, I hope that gets subconcious eventually /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

Ex