PDA

View Full Version : Saddam following Hitler's footsteps...

IrishHand
01-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Turns out that Hussein probably spent too much time reading the transcripts of Hitler's military conferences in 1944 and 1945. Here are highlights of his speech yesterday:

"We have determined and planned to defeat the aggressors. We have mobilised our abilities, including those of the army, people and leadership," he said in a televised address. "Baghdad, its people and leadership, is determined to force the Mongols of our age to commit suicide on its walls," Saddam said, referring to the Mongol armies that sacked the Iraqi capital in 1258. “Everyone who tries to climb over its walls...will fail in his attempt.” He said the Iraqi nation was fully mobilized against the threat of a new conflict and told President Bush to “keep your evil away from the mother of civilization.” With the possibility of a new war looming, the Iraqi leader called on Iraqis to “hold your swords and guns up high to remind those who might under illusions ... that your country will stand firm.”

"Defeat the agressors"? The US military could beat him using 1/4 of the forces we will have in the area in the next couple weeks. "Everyone who tries to climb over its walls"? We don't climb over walls - we drive tanks through them. By "fully mobilized", I assume he means they will improve upon their ability to retreat and/or run into our forces waving white flags to avoid certain death. "Hold your swords and guns up high"? Umm...somebody needs to let him know that swords were phased out about a hundred years ago. I admit - it would certainly surprise our forces if a battalion of swordsmen charged out across the desert.

It will amuse me to roll this fool, despite the inherent unsportsmanlike nature of the upcoming conflict.