PDA

View Full Version : Solution to kill all bugs

tbach24
06-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I hate bugs more than anything in the world. They bother me to no end. I am very afraid of them and they cause me to lose sleep when they're in my room and I go on 15 escapades to kill them all. Then spend the next 10 minutes in a paranoid fret making sure there are no others.

Here is my solution:

All the sciency people in the world get togehter and create an ultra-awesome pill that doesn't hurt humans, but any bug that bites them, or even comes within 1 foot of them, dies.

Is this feasible?

steelcmg
06-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I dont see why we couldnt put some small trace of posion in or bodys to kill the bugs i would think it would have to be a really small amount.

Blackjack
06-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I saw one of them today in my grandmother's house. I ended up stepping on it and it mae this nasty crunching sound. Yuck.

Blackjack

toss
06-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Killing bugs would cause untold damage to the world's ecosystem and would probably cause a mass extinction and the end of a significant amount of human lives.

tbach24
06-17-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Killing bugs would cause untold damage to the world's ecosystem and would probably cause a mass extinction and the end of a significant amount of human lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah details, who needs them?

Blackjack
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
If I could choose 1 insect to totally eliminate.. it would be the mosquito.

Blackjack

tbach24
06-17-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I could choose 1 insect to totally eliminate.. it would be the mosquito.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you're sane.

Meh, I could see the argument for blackflies.

Blackjack
06-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Or Bees. I [censored] hate getting stung.

Blackjack

Jersey Nick
06-17-2005, 09:17 AM
So let's collect all the mosquitos, bees and black flies, put them in a rocket ship to the moon, and then blow up the moon.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So let's collect all the mosquitos, bees and black flies, put them in a rocket ship to the moon, and then blow up the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly a good answer. Maybe Patrick could help build a special bug rocket.

TheIrishThug
06-17-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended up stepping on it and it mae this nasty crunching sound. Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes that worse is if the cockroach had eggs, they r now all over ur floor waiting to hatch

tbach24
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly a good answer. Maybe Patrick could help build a special bug rocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

YESS

Ray Zee
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
the things that evolution might do to replace them might be more scary to you.

MelchyBeau
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Blowing up the moon would be a bad idea, It would cause our planet to spin uncontrollably. our axis would flip flop to the point where the ice caps would melt and the world would be flooded. Other bad [censored] would happen as well.

and Bees? wtf. I like honey.

Melch

tbach24
06-17-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blowing up the moon would be a bad idea, It would cause our planet to spin uncontrollably. our axis would flip flop to the point where the ice caps would melt and the world would be flooded. Other bad [censored] would happen as well.

and Bees? wtf. I like honey.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

YES BUT NO BUGS!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! NO MORE STINGING, BITING, LOST SLEEP!!! No bugs = bliss.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a myth. Pure pseudo-science. Besides. At least some of that green cheese would fall back down to earth. Cheese is good.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YES BUT NO BUGS!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!! NO MORE STINGING, BITING, LOST SLEEP!!! No bugs = bliss.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really losing sleep over bugs, I think you've got bigger issues to fry. And i really don't think coming back to Florida is a good idea for you either.

tbach24
06-17-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a myth. Pure pseudo-science. Besides. At least some of that green cheese would fall back down to earth. Cheese is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly. The end of bugs via transport to the moon and destruction of the moon is so +EV that I can't believe that it hasn't been done before.

So here are the plans for anhilation:

I make tons of pills which I will test on Candians/French
Patrick works on the rocket
We kill all the biting insects with the pill
We corral all the others into the rocket
The rocket is launched to the moon
We blow up the moon

NO MORE BUGS

tbach24
06-17-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really losing sleep over bugs, I think you've got bigger issues to fry. And i really don't think coming back to Florida is a good idea for you either.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I don't lose that much sleep, it just seems that EVERY night there are these three brown VERY loud bugs that I need to kill. We're OCD about keeping bugs out of our house in FLA.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Hmmmmmm.... This is a very good plan. But what about ladybugs? I think we should let the ladybugs stay. They are cute.

chaas4747
06-17-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate bugs more than anything in the world. They bother me to no end. I am very afraid of them and they cause me to lose sleep when they're in my room and I go on 15 escapades to kill them all. Then spend the next 10 minutes in a paranoid fret making sure there are no others.

Here is my solution:

All the sciency people in the world get togehter and create an ultra-awesome pill that doesn't hurt humans, but any bug that bites them, or even comes within 1 foot of them, dies.

Is this feasible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tbach, I heard spraying them with a fire extinguisher works pretty good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmmm.... This is a very good plan. But what about ladybugs? I think we should let the ladybugs stay. They are cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. But they can't colonize in houses anymore. That's the deal.

Soul Daddy
06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
In college, one of the guys in my house had a cockroach crawl into his ear while sleeping. It just stayed in there banging on his ear drum. He had to go to the hospital to get it removed.

I'm just trying to make you lose more sleep, but it's actually true.

Shajen
06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the little bastards bite. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

tbach24
06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In college, one of the guys in my house had a cockroach crawl into his ear while sleeping. It just stayed in there banging on his ear drum. He had to go to the hospital to get it removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this movie once on tv (like 10 years ago) where this guy who was WICKED OCD about keeping everything clean get his apartment infested by bugs (I think cockroaches). It was awful. I am still haunted by it.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the little bastards bite. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf are you talking about? I let them crawl on me all the time.

Shajen
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
some species of lady bugs bite.

I don't think I could have been much clearer.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Asian species of ladybugs bite.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this, but we'll make sure we send all the asian ones.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-17-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this movie once on tv (like 10 years ago) where this guy who was WICKED OCD about keeping everything clean get his apartment infested by bugs (I think cockroaches). It was awful. I am still haunted by it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever read the short story or see the movie Leiningen Versus The Ants (http://mbhs.bergtraum.k12.ny.us/cybereng/shorts/lvta.html)? Those things are badass.

Oh, and I'm working on the rocket. I'll need a flux capacitor, a laz-e-boy, and a case of beer.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 10:58 AM
So what will this rocket cost us to build, Patrick?

Bulldog
06-17-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or Bees. I [censored] hate getting stung.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

MARZIPAN: Strong Bad, do you want to hear my song?
STRONG BAD: Hi! No!
MARZIPAN: OK, here we go.

{Marzipan starts playing Carol}

STRONG BAD: I said no...Ooh, that sounds gorgeous.

MARZIPAN: {singing} I'm very sensitive to birds
STRONG BAD: What?
MARZIPAN: {singing} I'm very sensitive to trees
STRONG BAD: Them falling on you?
MARZIPAN: {singing} I'm very sensitive to all these things
But I'm especially sensitive to bees
STRONG BAD: Hey, I'M the bee!

MARZIPAN: {singing} Yeah, I really really REALLY like bees
STRONG BAD: I really really think you're making this up as you go

MARZIPAN: {singing} Have you ever walked outside?
And noticed that they're really pretty cute?
STRONG BAD: {singing simultaneously} And got run over by a big truck?
MARZIPAN: {singing} They like to fly around and eat your fruit
STRONG BAD: Oh, fruit and cute. Good rhyme!
MARZIPAN: {singing} But it's OK, 'cause they're cute
STRONG BAD: Oh, CUTE and cute. That's even more advanced
MARZIPAN: {singing} Yeah, it's OK, 'cause they're cute
STRONG BAD: Cute, CUTE, and cute. You're the poet laureate of-

MARZIPAN: {singing} BUZZ!
STRONG BAD: Oh, what?
MARZIPAN: {singing} OUCH! BUZZ!
STRONG BAD: What are you doing?
MARZIPAN: {singing} OUCH! BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ OUCH!
STRONG BAD: Stop that!

MARZIPAN: {singing} I've heard some people say
STRONG BAD: You should really quit playing this song
MARZIPAN: {singing} That you can't count on a bee to pay
STRONG BAD: Oh. Well I WILL agree with that one. Got a good point there.
MARZIPAN: {singing} And they won't look you in the eye
And all they want to do is fly real high.
STRONG BAD: {singing simultaneously, joining in} Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo really high
HOMESTAR: Hey guys!

MARZIPAN & STRONG BAD: {singing} But ya gotta love 'em anyway!
HOMESTAR: What are you doing? Are you guys singing a song?
MARZIPAN & STRONG BAD: {singing} I don't care what they say anymore!
{Homestar joins in}
ALL: {singing} Cause I really really do love bees! (HOMESTAR: trees!)
STRONG BAD: True
MARZIPAN: All together now!
HOMESTAR: OK!
MARZIPAN & STRONG BAD: {singing} Yeah, I really really really like bees......ah.
HOMESTAR: {singing simultaneously} Yeah, I really really like to play with trees! And ants!

STRONG BAD: Alright, don't tell anybody I sang along with you
MARZIPAN: Okay
HOMESTAR: But you can tell them I did!
MARZIPAN: No thanks!

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-17-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably a bit shy of $1B. Better start saving your pennies and hitting all the tip jars you can.

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably a bit shy of $1B. Better start saving your pennies and hitting all the tip jars you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we all chip in, we can do this. You work on the rocket. I'll work on acquiring some weapons-grade plutonium for our moon-bomb.

edit: tbach, you start rounding up all the bugs.

Freakin
06-17-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we all chip in, we can do this. You work on the rocket. I'll work on acquiring some weapons-grade plutonium for our moon-bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I like this idea... You're going to be getting ready to launch the moon bomb and the guys you stole the plutonium from are going to gun you down.

Oh, and I'll volunteer to build the bomb, so long as I'm not there at its launch.

Freakin

Freakin

offTopic
06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Creepshow. The actor was EG Marshall. Here's his prosthetic head.

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/screen%20shots%20and%20titles/creepshow%20ss%20bug%20mouth.jpg

Slacker13
06-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Here is a past post of my bug experience.
web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=160270 2&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Wor ds=&Searchpage=13&Limit=25&Main=1602114&Search=tru e&where=&Name=5140&daterange=&newerval=&newertype= &olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1602702)

HopeydaFish
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some species of lady bugs bite.

I don't think I could have been much clearer.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

These are new to North America. They just spread to Ottawa a couple of summers ago. They look like lady bugs because they're reddish with black dots, but they're much smaller than "normal" ladybugs. We get swarms of them in the last summer, and they definitely do bite. I was out golfing a couple of summers ago and they were swarming all over the course. Every few minutes I was getting bitten somewhere new on my body. The bites don't leave much of a mark but they definitely pinch enough that you feel it.

My vote for an insect that needs a one way ticket to the moon are earwigs. I hate those things.

tbach24
06-17-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just finished golfing, and I killed 15 bugs. 1 for every 4 strokes I took (9 holes lol).

Ray Zee
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
lady bugs bite also but only during their mating season.

i have been bitten by snapping turtles, snakes, bees, birds, leeches all over me in swamps, even fish. worst is wasps and big spiders. but nothing compared to a two outer getting you.

Stuck
06-17-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll work on acquiring some weapons-grade plutonium for our moon-bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

***** The Department of Homeland Security has been notified. You will be returned to the forum shortly.*****