PDA

View Full Version : Making a word copy of my music files.

steelcmg
06-17-2005, 07:16 AM
This has been bugging me since last night i spent a good hour trying to figure this out. I have about 4000 songs on my comp i use real player and all of my songs are very well organized. I have 1 folder thats for just mucic then in the folder it goes Artist folder, Album folder, Then song files.
Well anyway i want to be able to put all of my song names onto a word doc. I figured there should be a print list command in real player well i think there is in the full version but i dont have that yet. So i tried looking for away to expand the folders no luck there either. I then found a way that u can supposely go thro dos and use DIR > List.TXT well that kinda worked but still not really what i wanted.

To me this shouldnt be that damn hard to do it shouldnt be like pulling teeth to do this. I cant believe windows doesnt have this standard in there programming or maybe im just a dumbass and im completly looking over something. Anyway i would really like some ideas on how to do this i read somewhere about maybe needing a third party program but not sure where to look. Any help would be awesome.

steelcmg
06-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Someone anyone know this. Maybe an idea where i can post this instead. I know theres alot of smart computer guys out there.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-17-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm sure there's something more like what you're looking for, for sure there is if you were using unix/linux. I don't know what it is, though.

If you have WinAmp, it has a feature where it'll make an html playlist and list all the songs in your playlist in a webpage. From there, you could either be happy with that, or I'm sure you could copy and past it into Word or some other text editor.

steelcmg
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
yes thats all i wanted but im not sure why real player doesnt have that i have winamp on my comp maybe i should just import the songs to get that info. The only reason i was using real player is because its so easy to change the way the file names look so they r nice and neat.

Shajen
06-17-2005, 10:14 AM
enable cut/paste on a command prompt.

Open the command prompt, dir /o/p in your playlist directories.

Copy the text and paste it into word. may need some tweaking.

HTH

Mars357
06-17-2005, 01:46 PM
even easier.... at the command prompt in your music directory

dir /o/s > tunes.txt

Hit enter, it will create a text file with the output of the dir /o/s command. Open this in Word and Viola!.... the /s causes the dir command to list all files in the current directory and all sub directories....

HTHM

Mars

Tron
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Viola!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.chinamusicalinstrument.com/musical-instrument/musical-instrment-image/musical-viola.jpg

Shajen
06-17-2005, 02:38 PM
mixed up my switches. /p is page /s is subdirs.

Been a while since I had to do anything in command line.

fluorescenthippo
06-18-2005, 10:22 AM
use winamp,queue up all your songs, click on misc/misc options/generate html playlist

select all and paste into a text doc. done!