PDA

View Full Version : KK on AAJ board - how to play?

Akimka
06-17-2005, 07:08 AM
BB is tight but hyperagressive.
22/17/3.00 for 41 hands but may be inaccurate

UTG+1 is sLP-P with VPIP 33 (he have big PFR because got dealt good cards during 21 hands that I have on him but he failed to raise PF with KQ)

Good or bad played?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

toss
06-17-2005, 07:35 AM
BB would have 3-bet the flop or raise on the turn if he had an Ace. UTG+1 looks like slp-p so I can dig the turn bet, but I definitely check behind on the river. I don't see many hands BB will call you with (maybe QQ) and I'm also afraid the slp-p will show you aces with a low kicker.

Malachii
06-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Raise/ bet or call/ check river seems like a good line to me here.

PSW
06-17-2005, 10:24 AM
I lost w/ KK against a flop just like this... AAX two suited.... I lost to a flush.... to a player that had limped UTG+1 w/ Q7s... I just kept telling myself that I played it right as I rocked myself to sleep...

dealer_toe
06-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I think it was all pretty good, you may be getting a call on the river from QQ.

jskills
06-17-2005, 12:00 PM
I wish I had balls to bet the river like that.

Against one opponent I could, but against two, I'd figure one of them for at least an Ace with a weak kicker.

NH.

flair1239
06-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I like it.

I am assuming that we have an easy fold to a turn checkraise.

After thinking about it I agree with the river bet. But I think it is close from a value standpoint. Because I could see UTG playing a weak suited Ace this way. That said a Jack will call enough times and probably a ten as well.

chief444
06-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm surprised so many like the way you played this one because I don't.

I wouldn't raise the flop. I would call.

If I did raise the flop I would check the turn through.

The river bet seems OK since by then you probably would have heard from an Ace. I'm not sure how often you get paid off by worse hands here though the way you played the previous streets.

crunchy1
06-17-2005, 01:21 PM
I really don't understand the river bet against these two opponents. I think it's pretty bad. Rest of the hand is goot.

crunchy1
06-17-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you folding to one bet on the river then?

flair1239
06-17-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't raise the flop. I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I understand where you are coming from. But I like it from a value aspect... and then (I hesitate to say this because everytime I do I get flamed) I like it from an information aspect.

On a board like this even the aggressive player is probably not going to go without the goods. Also the pot is big enough at this point, where if you really had an A, it would not be that unusual to get right down to business.

chief444
06-17-2005, 01:32 PM
No, calling.

The thing with the turn is you have to call a check/raise and I think you're getting check/raised pretty often. The thing on the flop is you're WA/WB and it's a rarity that the action after the raise goes call,call. I think this line worked out OK in this particular hand and seeing all of the action and hero win without a showdown is influencing some responses.

flair1239
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the chance of getting checkraised or inducing a bluff, enough to give a flush draw, or a hand like 1-pair w/a gutshot a free card?

crunchy1
06-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I guess I've just been getting slowplayed to the river a lot lately. I've been using the turn bet here to get a free showdown. Maybe that's weak/tight poker but, it's been saving me bets when I've been behind and not making a huge difference when I wouldn't have been called anyways.

If I've had any image lately (and if anyone has noticed) it's definitely been borderline maniac. I think this line benefits this style of play because Villians are always expecting you to fire again on the river.

chief444
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Flair,

The thing here is, a flush draw won't be out there very often and another K is unlikely and QQ has 2 outs. Above and beyond that I'd expect the slightly loose passive opponent to have a weak ace more often than flush draw. And a slowplayed ace or even JJ/TT are all still possibilities for the preflop 3-better. Also, something like QJ only has four outs. So basically, I want to showdown cheaply and no, I'm really not as worried about giving free cards as I normally would be on this board. This one is tricky though. I really wish the OP had stopped the action at some point though or done this as a play-along type hand.

Chief

flair1239
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I guess part of it, is that I am not comitted to showdown. Unless there is something tricky about either of these opponents, I feel pretty protected on the turn after having raised the flop.

If someone checkraises me I am not thinking that I am am getting 12 or 14-1 to call. I am thinking 6 or 7-1 and if that's the case, considering the previous action, I am comfortable with folding to a checkraise.

kwc98
06-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Looks like u played perfectly. The BB must have you on AJ or has way over played A-rag, since you didn't get capped on the flop. Looks great to me.