PDA

View Full Version : Super System

FReaK
06-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Super System 2 has recently been released. Have any of you guys out there read it yet? Is it better than the original?

I've read a couple of two plus two books but am thinking about buying the 'bible'.

Should I go for the new one or the original?

theRealMacoy
06-17-2005, 08:22 AM
you should go to the "Books/Publication Forum"
yes, many have read it and it has often been dicussed in the aforementioned forum (there are literally dozens of posts from the last 6 months or so). i suggest using the search funtion and type in +SS2

(the plus sign indicates include that word and SS2 in short for Super System 2)

generally, try searching for topics first before posting questions as 95% of the time they have been asked and discussed many many times before (particularly questions from newer members).

another good source of information on these boards is the beginners forum, where questions on a wide range of topics can be posted.

cheers and welcome to the forum,
the Real Macoy

speirs
06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
I think there both great and when you are serious about poker you should have both.

galahad_187
06-17-2005, 09:26 AM
read it.
i disagree that its the 'bible' of poker. Its an excellent guide to any good form of poker (stud, holdem, ect) however i must argue that TOP is the true poker bible.

wwerd

-galahad

HollywoodDB
06-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree about TOP.

Is SS2 really that different than SS1?

Isura
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
I've only read the Omaha-8 section, but I found it very good (for a complete noob like myself)

phish
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
I still think Chip Reese's chapter on stud from the original book is the single best chapter ever written on poker.
TOP remains the best book tho.

theRealMacoy
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
read it.
i disagree that its the 'bible' of poker. Its an excellent guide to any good form of poker (stud, holdem, ect) however i must argue that TOP is the true poker bible.

wwerd

-galahad

[/ QUOTE ]

TOP is the bible for sure!
SS2 -- The triple draw section by D Negraneau is good as well as the section by Todd Brunson (i think it was Omaha/8)

cheers,
the Real Macoy

lozen
06-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I like harmons ideas on limit