PDA

View Full Version : Overagressive or just right?

MEbenhoe
06-17-2005, 03:17 AM
Villian is 28/20/1.71

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.......

shant
06-17-2005, 03:33 AM
I don't get the flop cap.

pandared
06-17-2005, 03:39 AM
way too aggressive, capping the flop with nothing but a gut shot, why?

Semibluff means getting someone to fold with just a single raise (once it gets 3 bet your semibluff has failed) or getting a free card on the turn, you already got a free card on the turn so I don't understand the bet there

River bet is alright based on how you played it, but overall this hand was maniacal

MEbenhoe
06-17-2005, 03:42 AM
I figured myself as having 4 outs to the nuts, 6 outs that are clean against a large range of hands and a few cards that can hit on the turn that I can bet for bluff equity. I just see it as a situation where capping the flop and leading out gives me 10 outs that are likely clean and other cards that I can possibly steal the pot away with, and seeing what happens when I cap and bet the turn I have a much better idea of where I'm at in the hand than if I just call his 3-bet. If I call his flop 3 bet do you just call down then when the T hits the turn. I think that calling his 3-bet leaves you with fewer options against what is actually IMO a large range of hands he could have at this point.

but thats just my opinion.

Dudd
06-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Spewage IMO. What reasonable hand range can you put your opponent on once he three bets that gives you a full six outs to a pair? I would be very shocked if he had anything worse than AQ or KQ, his aggression stats don't look like that of someone who just randomly decides to three bet with nothing.

mack848
06-17-2005, 04:31 AM
I see the point, but in this case you still can't be happy if you hit one of the 6 pair outs, as it is likely he has a Q.

Also, I might cap for a free card if I were in position, but capping and having to lead is too big a price for me.

On the other hand, if he'll fold all hands other than Qx, AA or KK; I can see merits in it.

Hmmm.

JoshuaD
06-17-2005, 04:33 AM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I check-call that flop. You fold the button something like 0% of the time with that check-raise, and it's not for value. (Against a random hand you're a 45/55 dog, and villian is better than random)

A turn check-raise might be /images/graemlins/cool.gif, depending on what falls.