PDA

View Full Version : 5 handed 100/200

bicyclekick
06-17-2005, 02:59 AM
I raise QTs utg, button who is bad pre-flop, good enough post-flop cold calls, and the bb who is new calls too. Don't have a ton of hands on him (75) but his stats are 28/14/1. Don't remember playing with him before either.

Flop TJ3 all clubs and he bets out. Raise, right?

haakee
06-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I would raise.

The Truth
06-17-2005, 03:12 AM
of course raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif next hand

Gabe
06-17-2005, 03:43 AM
right.

Clarkmeister
06-17-2005, 04:31 AM
I dunno. I'd call here quite a bit. Button will call for 2 bets most hands he'd call 1 with in this spot, he'll fold most of the others regardless. Plus, it keeps his actions pure and it allows me to possibly leverage my flop call into a turn raise that will be far more effective at getting it headsup. Plus, if he folds on his own I have a lot more options the rest of the way. I'd mix it up in this spot, but calling has merit.

Lawrence Ng
06-17-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, it keeps his actions pure and it allows me to possibly leverage my flop call into a turn raise that will be far more effective at getting it headsup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

NYplayer
06-17-2005, 10:15 AM
looks like i'm going against the grain but i'm folding here. No jack is going to fold and no club draw is going to fold. The chance of already being beat coupled with draws makes anything but a fold here quite bad IMO.

koa
06-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Its hard to tell where your at and even if you do have the best hand your likely to get drawn out on by over cards, straight draws or flush draw. You don't really have any redraws as well. I don't think a fold is bad here.

goofball
06-17-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, it keeps his actions pure

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this really mean though?

obi---one
06-18-2005, 01:54 AM
I call

bilyin
06-18-2005, 02:07 AM
I fold.

grass
06-18-2005, 05:16 AM
no read, fold.

PokerPrince
06-18-2005, 05:42 AM
Please come to my games.

PokerPrince

Paluka
06-18-2005, 09:22 AM
This is a really tough spot. I think the easy way to look "good" on the message boards is say raise, because everyone loves raising. But I can think of pretty good arguments for raising, calling, or folding here. I'm tempted to call because I don't love my hand enough to raise or hate my hand enough to fold.

scott8
06-18-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a really tough spot. I think the easy way to look "good" on the message boards is say raise, because everyone loves raising. But I can think of pretty good arguments for raising, calling, or folding here. I'm tempted to call because I don't love my hand enough to raise or hate my hand enough to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

RAISE

J_V
06-18-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post.

scott8
06-18-2005, 12:01 PM
If we are being serious, which I sometimes am, these types of hands usually break down to opponent specific reads.
Paluka says sometimes raise, call, or fold on a draw heavy board where we hit a piece - hopefully, this is obvious to everyone.

ggbman
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Anyone who insists there is a definite line against an unknown here is wrong. I think folding is ok here, but my preference is to raise the flop and try to get it heads up. If we accomplish this, i like checking behind on the turn and calling any non-club river. Sometimes you will get a bluff out of the busted club draw. Since we are 5 handed, i think the BB has a wide range of hands, he probably calls preflop with k-7 k-8 and he may donk bet the flop with the but or second nut flush draw.

Gabe

Steve Giufre
06-18-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like i'm going against the grain but i'm folding here. No jack is going to fold and no club draw is going to fold. The chance of already being beat coupled with draws makes anything but a fold here quite bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm also folding here. I actually think I like the raising the least of all three options.

DeeJ
06-18-2005, 03:46 PM
bah. against an unknown with a flush on the board I think swings it to a dull call from a fun raise. If button raises and he reraises you can ditch the plane early. For two bets I'd like to close the betting but I don't have much in the way of a draw...play v weakly hereonin.

stillbr
06-18-2005, 09:56 PM
hmm...

I really think calling here would be better than raising. Call the flop bet. Raise the turn bet. A jack might fold to a turn raise depending on your image. You can fold the turn if another club comes.

Lestat
06-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Raising *sounds* good and all, but the problem here is that even when you're ahead you might be putting in a lot of bets as only a small favorite or a downright dog to finish a winner. Now add that you can easily be behind and I don't like raising this particular player. Make it someone you know and/or have good control over and it's a different story.

oreogod
06-19-2005, 04:00 AM
I see two choices.

1.Fold
2.Call, pop the turn (get it heads up maybe), get a possible free showdown.

That a good line or bad one? An unknown might be betting top pair to mid pair. Or a smaller pp.