PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day E-Mail Card

Dynasty
06-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Where can I find a good e-mail card to send my Dad for Father's Day. Preferably, it would be something funny.

Dead
06-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Here's a suggestion:

Stop being such a Republican cheapskate and send him a GIFT.

Crazy idea, I know. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Talk2BigSteve
06-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Overnight express and it will be there in time. I don't have to get my father a thing /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve

cbfair
06-17-2005, 02:39 AM
try this (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=funny+fathers+day+e-card&btnG=Google+Search)

cbfair
06-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh, by the way...

My dad is impossible to shop for so my wife and I are going to call him on Sunday morning to tell him we're making his gift this year; she's pregnant with our first, his second grandkid though.

cbfair
06-17-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Overnight express and it will be there in time. I don't have to get my father a thing /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about your dad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

utmt40
06-17-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try this (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=funny+fathers+day+e-card&btnG=Google+Search)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks this helped me out too.

Dynasty
06-17-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad is impossible to shop for

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up buying presents for my Dad years ago. He gets upset when I spend any significant money on him.

When he had a mild heart attack a couple years ago and I flew back to Massachusetts to see him just after his surgery, I almost gave him a second heart attack when he realized the money I had spent to make the trip.

cbfair
06-17-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When he had a mild heart attack a couple years ago and I flew back to Massachusetts to see him just after his surgery, I almost gave him a second heart attack when he realized the money I had spent to make the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs to suck it up. Family is all we have in this world. Money is nothing compared to the small amount of time we really have with our families.

Once you've lost a parent you will never take one for granted again. If your dad has both alive he's either very lucky of very young; if at least one has passed, shame on him for guilting you.

cbf

mason55
06-17-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, by the way...

My dad is impossible to shop for so my wife and I are going to call him on Sunday morning to tell him we're making his gift this year; she's pregnant with our first, his second grandkid though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo... get girl pregnant. Easy solution.

cbfair
06-17-2005, 03:59 AM
how much easier can it get???? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Talk2BigSteve
06-17-2005, 04:16 AM
When I lived in Dallas, I got my father a Rolex watch as a father's day gift. He loved it. He wore it every day, regardless of what he was wearing. He was buried with it on his wrist. Get him a real gift regardless of what it is.

Steve

TStoneMBD
06-17-2005, 04:53 AM
i dont even know if im going to buy my father anything. i have no idea what to get for him and whatever i get he wont use unless its some sort of food. i even offered to buy him a 53" television and he turned it down 0_0! i asked him what he wanted and he was like i dont need anything dont worry about it. so i think im gonna just take him out to a nice dinner and that be the end of it.

any suggestions?

cbfair
06-17-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions????

Your dad just wants to see you if he can. Dinner is fine, forget about the 53".

cbf

RED_RAIN
06-17-2005, 08:33 AM
When I realized your post wasn't a joke, /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stubborn or not, a cheap card with a lot of handwritten message can mean a lot.