PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am calling from Discover Card to follow up some mail.....

GrandmaStabone
06-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone get these calls from discover? That is ME on the phone /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flame away

jakethebake
06-17-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone get these calls from discover? That is ME on the phone /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flame away

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone told you to [censored] off and die? That was me on the phone.

wuwei
06-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Please tell them to quit sending me those [censored] checks for my card... that's why I have the card. So I don't have to write checks.

Thanks,

GrandmaStabone
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell them to quit sending me those [censored] checks for my card... that's why I have the card. So I don't have to write checks.

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Platinum, or Platinum PLUS????

GrandmaStabone
06-17-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flame away

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone told you to [censored] off and die? That was me on the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sell people like you ALL DAY

wuwei
06-17-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Platinum, or Platinum PLUS????

[/ QUOTE ]

Just platinum. If I bothered to call, would they stop sending me this crap?

CallMeIshmael
06-17-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Flame away

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1. What is the funniest thing anyone has ever said to you?

2. Has anyone ever tried this on you, or a co-worker:

"SEINFELD: (ANSWERING PHONE) Hello.

"(TELEMARKETER): Hi. Would you be interested in switching over to TMI long-distance service?

"SEINFELD: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later?

"(A LONG PAUSE) (TELEMARKETER): Well, I'm sorry. We're not allowed to do that.

"SEINFELD: I guess you don't want people calling you at home.

"(TELEMARKETER): No.

"SEINFELD: Well, now you know how I feel."

TimM
06-17-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Discover card. I also have a caller ID. If you call a Tim M in NY and get a default answering machine message, that could be me.

nothumb
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Has anyone ever tried this on you, or a co-worker:

"SEINFELD: (ANSWERING PHONE) Hello.

"(TELEMARKETER): Hi. Would you be interested in switching over to TMI long-distance service?

"SEINFELD: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later?

"(A LONG PAUSE) (TELEMARKETER): Well, I'm sorry. We're not allowed to do that.

"SEINFELD: I guess you don't want people calling you at home.

"(TELEMARKETER): No.

"SEINFELD: Well, now you know how I feel."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this was on Seinfeld. Someone used this on me when I was a telemarketer. I gave her my phone number, too, but of course she didn't call. So I called her back the next day, got the family answering machine, and asked her why she didn't call me (without identifying myself).

NT

Talk2BigSteve
06-17-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. What is the funniest thing anyone has ever said to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked for a short time for VarTec Telecom when I lived in Dallas. They are the ones that had Dime Line and Nickel Line. (With the $5 monthly fee)

I get the following call one night from an asian man in california.

ME: "VarTec Telecom this is Steve, how can I help you?"

CUSTOMER: "Is dis da dime a line?"

ME: "Dime Line is just one of the many phone plans that we offer, may I have your phone number?"

CUSTOMER: "Da fone here be doo von tree fi fi fi von doo von doo"

ME: "OK, Mr. Huang, I have you account up on my screen, what can I help you with."

CUSTOMER: "My son use da dime a line fo tree fone call, you see dat?"

ME: "Yes, sir I see that there were 3 calls made with the DimeLine Service code last month for a total of 30 minutes usage at 10 cents a minute."
CUSTOMER: "30 minutes at 10 cent minute fine, tree dollar, fine, no trouble, no problem. But fi dolla fee for tree call, dat no white, dat rape you [censored] me, [censored] me good, tree phone call ate dolla, ya you [censored] me good dis time."

I had to hit the mute button because I started laughing so loud I left the call center and handed the phone to the supervisor.

Steve