PDA

View Full Version : Get away from TT?

RacersEdge
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I think I'm swinging toward staying with hands too long lately. I'm ready to fold this early position TT to a flop raise - if it had come. Is there a turn ckeck-fold just on the fact that 2 players stayed?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

JacksonTens
06-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Well I wouldn't bet the flop, you have bottom pair, and there is just way too many in there that could have top, or even second pair. This may seem weak tight, but you can't expect them to fold because many opponents consider that a pre flop raiser must bet the flop automaticatically and as such this play has less fold equity. I would not bet the turn or the river as the only hands that will call you will have you beat.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

mantasm
06-17-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't bet the flop, you have bottom pair, and there is just way too many in there that could have top, or even second pair. This may seem weak tight, but you can't expect them to fold because many opponents consider that a pre flop raiser must bet the flop automaticatically and as such this play has less fold equity. I would not bet the turn or the river as the only hands that will call you will have you beat.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about not betting the river i think, i doubt like a 6 or something is calling you. Worse hands will obviously call on the flop and turn. Like straight and flush draws. I think bet the turn and fold to a raise, then check the river and either fold or call, it's read based. Probably fold.

Buck_65
06-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Tough hand. I'm probably check folding the turn. If you are ahead, there are a ton of cards that can cripple you on the river.

Good flop bet.

mlb3zr
06-17-2005, 12:38 AM
I am having the same trouble lately, playing it like this, and generally not liking how things turn out. I feel icky check/folding the turn, so I go for the bet/fold. In this situation, the pot is small enough that check/folding doesn't seem too disastrous (although it would suck to get pushed out by a diamond draw). I think not betting the river is correct because worse hands probably don't call. I guess in this situation I might check/fold because of the small pot. If someone has a better line, I would be glad to hear it!

damaniac
06-17-2005, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't bet that river at all.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about folding to a raise, especially a flop one. If raiser is likely to raise a flush draw (or a straight draw), consider calling, especially since you hold the diamond and if the other player folds.

ArturiusX
06-17-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm not a big fan of the river bet. What worse hand is going to call?

I don't mind betting this turn if we're up against some weakies, intending it to be my last bets I put into the pot.

RacersEdge
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of the river bet. What worse hand is going to call?

I don't mind betting this turn if we're up against some weakies, intending it to be my last bets I put into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

A smaller pair is about it, but more often an overcard that was paired. I think you're right.

PokerBob
06-17-2005, 01:00 AM
check/fold the turn. You representd the A on the flop, and they don't care. One guy may be on diamonds, but not both.

Lurkmaster Flex
06-17-2005, 03:40 AM
I'd prolly check the flop and dump if it's 2 back to me. But since you bet out the flop and turn I think you've committed yourself to check calling the river. I see busted diamond draws more than 1/6 or whatever the pot was at that point.

party36master
06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
The flop bet is an auto-bet.
I like the turn bet. It charges a flush draw, and puts pressure on a weak A, Queen, or inside straight draw to fold.

Check the river. Without a read, getting 8.5:1, I'm calling a bet on the river, and losing most of the time. But your unknown player will be a moron enough to call.

chesspain
06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn bet. It charges a flush draw, and puts pressure on a weak A, Queen, or inside straight draw to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace is folding here, like never.

[ QUOTE ]
Check the river. Without a read, getting 8.5:1, I'm calling a bet on the river, and losing most of the time. But your unknown player will be a moron enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying to bet or to check/call? I think that against your typical opponent on this board who limped UTG, checkcalling would be pretty bad.