PDA

View Full Version : who makes the best t-shirts?

Mark It Zero!
06-16-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm talking plain t-shirts. No designs, logos, etc. Russel Athletic used to be really nice, but last time I bought some they had put a little logo on the arm- that's out. PLain t-shirts with a good fit and texture, that aren't overpriced. White t-shirts too... the Hanes tagless have always been good to me, although the sleeves are a little short in my opinion. None of this oversized nightgown [censored]... standard manly white t's. Is there a better brand?

Also, while we're on the subject... share your secrets for avoiding sweat stains on white t's. Me personally, I've neutralized them by only wearing powdery anti-perspirant, but it isn't a sure thing.

tbach24
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Go to Marshalls

I enjoy my Hilfiger's and Fruit of the Loom one's, but the former shrink badly.

BusterStacks
06-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Russell Athletics > all. I have not seen this new logo on the arm, but I'm going to be really disappointed if this is the standard now.

shant
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
The correct answer is American Apparel.

http://americanapparel.net/

Mark It Zero!
06-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Buster when was the last time you bought new ones? The logo problem is going back about a year or two, after that I never checked for them again... but maybe they're still making the completely plain ones? Biggest problem with them is the navy blue ones always look purple.

Mark It Zero!
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I've only heard about American Apparel recently, and from what I've heard they're really overpriced from being made in the states. Isn't that their appeal, no slave labor?

shant
06-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Yes, it's non-sweatshop and made here in Dowtown LA. It is more expensive, but their t-shirts fit really great and are the most comfortable material ever. I use it for the shirts I screenprint at home and everyone I've sold them to loves them.

I may be biased since I buy them at wholesale price. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tron
06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Foot Locker is nice, they are tagless and usually 5 for $20.

thatpfunk
06-17-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The correct answer is American Apparel.

http://americanapparel.net/<br />
[/ QUOTE ]

Icebee
06-17-2005, 01:33 AM
The wholesale is actually not too bad really for locally produced.

Alobar
06-17-2005, 02:00 AM
When I used to make shirts, all I ever used was Gildan. Much cheaper than Hanes and the quality was just as good.

As for stains, just wash them in hot water and use bleach. If they start to yellow, just toss em and buy new ones. They are dirt cheap.