PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Main Event -trading percentages

wins_pot
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
On Tuesday, I (irrationally) shelled out $10k in cash for the main event. Respond to this thread if you are possibly interested in trading a small percentage for the main event. -Brandon78

HavanaBanana
06-17-2005, 08:34 AM
I am also playing in the Main Event, and was wondering if it is allowed to trade percentages in said tournament.
I had bought 2 shares in Granny Mae, but sold one back and gave the other away as I do not want to break the rules of the event in any way.

I actually got the $40 back into my paradise account for the share, and after first making it up to $60 playing NL it is now up to $333 after playing a tournament, so value of the GM shares is goot! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am giving away percentages of my self to 2+2ers, but I have it in the T&C's that you must not be playing the WSOP Main Event, just for the reason listed above.

See you at the Final table!

Good Luck,

ToT

MicroBob
06-18-2005, 02:54 AM
I wasn't at all aware that this was a problem.
I thought the 'big' name players exchanged shares with each other all the time to reduce their variance.

Is it really considered unethical to do this at the WSOP?

I have talked with a couple of people about exchanging just 1% of each other for fun.

AJo Go All In
06-18-2005, 05:51 AM
huh? trading action no problem at all, happens all the time at every tournament..

grass
06-18-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
huh? trading action no problem at all, happens all the time at every tournament..

[/ QUOTE ]

very common at high buy-in tournaments.

Karak567
06-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Greg Raymer was very public about how he had to pay his "share holders" last year after he won the ME.

I don't think it's a big deal, but I could be wrong.

benfranklin
06-18-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am also playing in the Main Event, and was wondering if it is allowed to trade percentages in said tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got an advanced draft copy of Annie Duke's new book. In it she talks about trading shares in major tournaments. She says that she and Chris Fergusson have a long time standing agreement to trade 5%, so that she got 5% of the first prize when he won the main event.

She also says that she plays on her own money in cash games, but that she is totally backed in tournaments, never using her own money. Her backer is a top pro (not her brother). Any guesses? Answer below in white:

<font color="white"> Eric Seidel </font>

cwsiggy
06-18-2005, 12:30 PM
No wonder Eric Seidel looked so happy when she won her bracelet last year, besides the fact that they are friends.
Never knew Eric has that kind of $.

HavanaBanana
06-18-2005, 12:45 PM
The fact that it common does not mean that it is condoned by the organizers of the event.
When i played in the Monte Carlo Millions ($14000 buy in) it was not allowed as per the Terms and conditions, however it was a lot of 1% - 2% trades going on between the Pro's.

Anyone know what the official rules say?

To have backers is a completely different story as long as they do not play in the same tournament.

ToT

benfranklin
06-18-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any mention of sharing or backing.
Official Rules (http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/rules.asp)

grass
06-19-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any mention of sharing or backing.
Official Rules (http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/rules.asp)

[/ QUOTE ]

sharing and backing are done w/ word of mouth among friends, so what are the rules going to do. w/out percentage sharing and backing the wsop wouldn't be as prestige as it is today. i know people who doesn't even play poker that have invested money at the wsop.