PDA

View Full Version : Question about "the tolls" (SGA...SNGPT...Eastbay's tool...)

zipppy
06-16-2005, 11:06 PM
I downloaded the trial version of SNG Power Tools, and I have a quick question.

If I keep all the variables the same (stack sizes, calling ranges, etc.) but change MY hand, why does the %Hold and %Call change when I hit compute? I take this to mean that my opponent is more/less likely to call based on my hand, which he doesn't know. Why are those percentages changing based on my hand?

Thanks, Zipppy

durron597
06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
If you have AA, there are fewer aces in the deck, and thus less likely your opponent has AK, and thus less likely he will call (I think?). I don't have SnGPT so I don't know, but I would imagine that this is why.

microbet
06-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Sometimes you are using up cards from their calling range. Sometimes you aren't.

zipppy
06-16-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you are using up cards from their calling range. Sometimes you aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing I'm even winning at poker. Then again, I suppose I do play 22s and under...

eastbay
06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
Both posters are correct. The probability that an opponent holds a hand in his calling range depends on how many of those cards are remaining in the deck.

eastbay