PDA

View Full Version : Daniel vs Barry

Sundevils21
06-16-2005, 10:04 PM
The second Daniel Negreanu vs Barry Greenstein 7stud match is being continued right now.
Updates here. (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?p=218019#218019)

SoftcoreRevolt
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Looks like Barry has a pretty good lead right now.

Sponger15SB
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Travis -

Just wondering, what kind of schedule are you on being Daniels assistant? Is it your fulltime job? Do you get to sit around Daniels house all day playing golden tee when he isn't there?

It seems like you are doing things for him 20 hours a day!

cokehead
06-16-2005, 11:09 PM
8:00- Daniel down 338. Lost a huge pot to a 2 outer then lost another big one with a full house.

La Brujita
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Travis it would be nice to see in those reports a few hands where it says "boy Daniel was lucky as hell"!!!!

cokehead
06-16-2005, 11:17 PM
don't be silly, we all know that won't happen.

closer2313
06-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Daniel Lost.

8:42- 10's vs 6's... BG makes 2pair. Match over Barry wins.
They are now going to start a new match, Pot Limit Omaha. A new thread has been created...

cokehead
06-16-2005, 11:53 PM
n/m too slow

csuf_gambler
06-17-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Lost.

8:42- 10's vs 6's... BG makes 2pair. Match over Barry wins.
They are now going to start a new match, Pot Limit Omaha. A new thread has been created...

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't believe it. outdrawn once again. daniel is going through a horrible downswing. just getting outdrawn hand after hand after hand. theres just nothing you can do when your opponenet keeps getting lucky

Sundevils21
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Travis it would be nice to see in those reports a few hands where it says "boy Daniel was lucky as hell"!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just post what I'm sent. If I was down there watching I would try to give an unbiased viewpoint.
The truth though is that DN hasn't gotten lucky very often. One doesn't usually get lucky as hell and lose.
If you read(especially the WSOP threads) Daniel does point out the times he got lucky to stay alive or to win a pot. He also said he got lucky during the match vs. Mimi.
Barry admitted going on a big rush in 7stud to close out the first match. It doesn't really seem like DN is making this bad streak up imo.

-Travis

Smoothcall
06-17-2005, 01:12 AM
While i agree Daniel admits when he's lucky against other opponents. Barry is someone that Daniel wants to be bad for reasons even beyond 500k. Daniel will hate losing to Barry more than anyone on the planet. And if he loses more of these matches than he wins it is likely he will say it was bacause of luck rather than saying Barry is better than him. Even if he thought he was outplayed jmo.

bobaloo23
06-17-2005, 01:20 AM
I find it funny that DN was crushing him in the Omaha game at the start and said he was hitting a lot of flops. Seems like hes only winning when he has cards, which would clearly show he's getting outplayed. I like his one update too where he says "BG was drawing dead until river". Showing BG sucked out again, and he needed to add the emphasis that he was drawing head. Obviously if he was drawing head he wouldn't have won the pot. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bobaloo23
06-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Also funny where he says he had BG all but dead with KK and a straight draw and needed an A,2,5,6 or K. Having 17 outs with presumably 2 cards to come gives him about 60% chance of winning the hand, hardly the huge bad beat DN makes it seem like.

BTirish
06-17-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also funny where he says he had BG all but dead with KK and a straight draw and needed an A,2,5,6 or K. Having 17 outs with presumably 2 cards to come gives him about 60% chance of winning the hand, hardly the huge bad beat DN makes it seem like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the link again--it has the details on the two hands where BG was all-in.

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
Flop: Q 2 5
Turn: 10
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10
Flop: K 9 5
Turn: 5
River:5

It doesn't say when BG was put all-in. You presumed it was on the flop and Daniel was the dog--well, seems to have been the other way around, if the money was put in on the flop. If the money was put in on the turn, pot odds certainly demanded a call by Daniel if it was Barry who moved in. But I think it's most likely that Daniel put Barry all in on the flop.

bobaloo23
06-17-2005, 02:53 AM
So on the second hand when he complains about getting the huge suckout, even though he was a dog before the flop count? The whole point is every hand DN loses he got sucked out huge, but his are skill somehow. Hes getting out played in every match hes played except Mimi, and will continue to lose. Sure you need cards too, but I find it hard to believe the 4 matches he lost so far his opponent sucked out every hand like he makes it seem.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10

It doesn't say when BG was put all-in. You presumed it was on the flop and Daniel was the dog--well, seems to have been the other way around, if the money was put in on the flop. If the money was put in on the turn, pot odds certainly demanded a call by Daniel if it was Barry who moved in. But I think it's most likely that Daniel put Barry all in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent
06-17-2005, 03:37 AM
This is all so silly. A single match like this is going to come down to luck most of the time. Everyone knows this. When someone loses 250K in an hour, it is safe to say they were not simply "outplayed". There is no need to quantify the bad luck by counting how many flush draws someone misses. If Daniel simply says "I wasn't catching the cards" most intelligent people will understand just as well as if he explains every bad beat.

Fallen Hero
06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hes getting out played in every match hes played except Mimi, and will continue to lose. Sure you need cards too, but I find it hard to believe the 4 matches he lost so far his opponent sucked out every hand like he makes it seem.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) you have no idea if he's being outplayed or not, you're just guessing

2) He never said he was unlucky against Cassidy, he had nothing but praises for the guy

3) I find it really hard to believe DN would be so blinded by is "hate" towards BG that he would completly fail to see when he was outplayed and would try so hard to get a rematch in stud.

4) He's dominating the current hu

barryg1
06-17-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming that I have out played Daniel. I never bother to make subjective claims like that. But the reporting of the hands is comical. On the hand where Daniel had the two Kings, he didn't raise the flop. I made two pair on the turn and THEN we put the money in with one card to come.

The hand where I had KJ1010, they conveniently forgot to say that I flopped a straight flush draw. I also could have made two higher pair. I had 18 outs with two to come, and I backdoored a strange full house.

Barry

thatpfunk
06-17-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming that I have out played Daniel. I never bother to make subjective claims like that. But the reporting of the hands is comical. On the hand where Daniel had the two Kings, he didn't raise the flop. I made two pair on the turn and THEN we put the money in with one card to come.

The hand where I had KJ1010, they conveniently forgot to say that I flopped a straight flush draw. I also could have made two higher pair. I had 18 outs with two to come, and I backdoored a strange full house.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

In his blog he explains when the money went in as well as the suits. He states that he was an underdog each time and lists the percentages (although I didn't take the time to check them).

His blog didn't sound pretentious and seemed as fair as player can be expected to sound.

His blog:
[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I was a 71% favorite, but the majority of the money went in on the turn when I was a 38% underdog. No help on the river and Barry was back in it...

A few hands later we got it all in again. This time the hands were as follows:

Me: A-K-9-4
Barry: K-10-Jd-10d

Flop: Kd 9d 5h (Barry was a 62% favorite on the flop when the money went in)
Turn: 5 (I became a 55% favorite)
River: 5...

Then we once again played for all the money with the following hands:

Me: Qd-7d-5c-8s
Barry: As-6s-7s-8h

Flop: 2s-4s-6d

On that last hand I was about a 35% underdog, needing to hit a back door flush, a 3, 7, 8, or Q to win. I could also tie with a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTirish
06-17-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the extra info, Barry.

Joseph Busti
06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Do you know Daniel Negreanu personally??? It seems as though you speak on his behalf alot.

JustToast
06-17-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know Daniel Negreanu personally??? It seems as though you speak on his behalf alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Travis is his assistant.

Joseph Busti
06-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Neat for Travis. Notice who my post is replying to though.

barryg1
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In his blog he explains when the money went in as well as the suits. He states that he was an underdog each time and lists the percentages (although I didn't take the time to check them).

His blog didn't sound pretentious and seemed as fair as player can be expected to sound.

On that last hand I was about a 35% underdog, needing to hit a back door flush, a 3, 7, 8, or Q to win. I could also tie with a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was complaining about the inaccuracy when Daniel sends a short text message to Travis. It's probably neither of their faults, but until Daniel clears things up when he writes his blog at the end of the day, the early reports are sometimes misleading. (Also, even on the hand above that Daniel discussed in his blog, I didn't have three spades in my hand so my percentage was better.)

I just thought that is was amusing that the hand Daniel had me "dead until the river" according to Travis, I was actually a substantial favorite. In addition to my outs (I think 17), I had some (lower) backdoor straights working, and I also had three "killer cards" that prevented a redraw.

And for those who have wondered if I am the only one of the two of us who draws out on a hand: I don't complain after hands that I lose, and I don't bother to show my losing hands when I am the caller on the river. It may appear that I rarely get outdrawn. Admittedly, since I am currently ahead, it stands to reason that I have been doing more outdrawing than Daniel has.

Barry

RowdyZ
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Daniel also says this in his blog.

[ QUOTE ]
It sure helps when you hit some flops and I definitely hit more flops than Barry did. I even made some flushes too, yippee!

[/ QUOTE ]

So he seems to think the cards were mostly running in his favor this match.

grass
06-17-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was complaining about the inaccuracy when Daniel sends a short text message to Travis. It's probably neither of their faults, but until Daniel clears things up when he writes his blog at the end of the day, the early reports are sometimes misleading. (Also, even on the hand above that Daniel discussed in his blog, I didn't have three spades in my hand so my percentage was better.)

I just thought that is was amusing that the hand Daniel had me "dead until the river" according to Travis, I was actually a substantial favorite. In addition to my outs (I think 17), I had some (lower) backdoor straights working, and I also had three "killer cards" that prevented a redraw.

And for those who have wondered if I am the only one of the two of us who draws out on a hand: I don't complain after hands that I lose, and I don't bother to show my losing hands when I am the caller on the river. It may appear that I rarely get outdrawn. Admittedly, since I am currently ahead, it stands to reason that I have been doing more outdrawing than Daniel has.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

is tuan le really your protege? he sure doesn't play like you.

grass
06-17-2005, 11:46 AM
http://conjelco.com/wsop98/negreanu.jpeg

mlagoo
06-17-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://conjelco.com/wsop98/negreanu.jpeg

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch

woodguy
06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Admittedly, since I am currently ahead, it stands to reason that I have been doing more outdrawing than Daniel has.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

Regards,
Woodguy

FuGu22
06-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Daniel has stated that he has been suprised that he was not such a big dog in the games you have played so far; stud and plo. Have you been suprised yourself at how close the games have been?

Sundevils21
06-17-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Travis -

Just wondering, what kind of schedule are you on being Daniels assistant? Is it your fulltime job? Do you get to sit around Daniels house all day playing golden tee when he isn't there?

It seems like you are doing things for him 20 hours a day!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I do. Except instead of playing Golden Tee, I play the 15 game on party.(okay maybe a little GT /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

mcb
06-17-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And for those who have wondered if I am the only one of the two of us who draws out on a hand: I don't complain after hands that I lose, and I don't bother to show my losing hands when I am the caller on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to mention this after the first match but didn't feel like getting attacked by the DN fans.

Sundevils21
06-17-2005, 05:48 PM
The PLO match continues at 3:30 PST w/ DN up 124K.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?p=219983#219983

Redmen62
06-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Negreanu wins.

TomHimself
06-17-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu wins.

[/ QUOTE ][censored]