PDA

View Full Version : Teeth kicked in but I did not get angry

Bodhi
06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I did not feel a shred of anger after this hand, maybe a little sense of irony, but no anger. If this didn't make me angry, then maybe my new efforts to keep my cool are showing progress.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (17.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Results:
<font color="white">Button shows TT, full house Tens full of Eights.
Button wins 25.25 BB</font>

Stuey
06-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Did you show your hand to the table?
If you answered no is it only because you had the auto muck option selected?
At a B&amp;M table would you have felt the need to show the table the injustice you had suffered?

You felt the need to show us, so if it didn't anger you it would seem you feel the need to extract some value from it that you feel you are owed.

Sorry to be a jerk but I see this often and I also suffer from it.

I raise AA UTG and everyone folds so I show it. Why? There is nothing to be gained. I do it because I want sympathy to replace the value I feel cheated out of. I should be happy my AA won. And not show the table my raising standards.

I think controlling anger is a good first step. And posting here for the sympathy is ok also, we all feel for you in this hand. And our sympathy is free. Just don't look for sympathy at the tables it's never free. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpearsBritney
06-17-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you show your hand to the table?
If you answered no is it only because you had the auto muck option selected?
At a B&amp;M table would you have felt the need to show the table the injustice you had suffered?

You felt the need to show us, so if it didn't anger you it would seem you feel the need to extract some value from it that you feel you are owed.

Sorry to be a jerk but I see this often and I also suffer from it.

I raise AA UTG and everyone folds so I show it. Why? There is nothing to be gained. I do it because I want sympathy to replace the value I feel cheated out of. I should be happy my AA won. And not show the table my raising standards.

I think controlling anger is a good first step. And posting here for the sympathy is ok also, we all feel for you in this hand. And our sympathy is free. Just don't look for sympathy at the tables it's never free. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned only to be pwned again!!!!

Bodhi
06-17-2005, 02:48 AM
There wasn't any need to show because everyone knew what I had anyway.

mackthefork
06-17-2005, 04:44 AM
I would have saved 2 bets on the river there, but no biggie. I can't see him having anything other than, the other AA, or TT. Good luck with the control I suck.

Mack

KaneKungFu123
06-17-2005, 04:55 AM
why are u reraising the turn?

jskills
06-17-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero bet and got called on the turn. That was it.

KaneKungFu123
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero bet and got called on the turn. That was it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant river