PDA

View Full Version : Landmark Occasion for Me (a.k.a Maybe I Just Suck)

KramerTM
06-16-2005, 06:30 PM
After playing 500 22s, my results were roughly as follows:

38% ITM
20% ROI

SO I figured, OK... I'll take a shot at the 33s.

Well, after playing only 50 tournies, I found myself down $930!!! I started to both doubt my own skills as well as be REALLY impressed with those of the 33ers as compared with the 22ers.

Well, I brushed myself off, drank some milk, and built back a BR by winning at the 22s until I was ready to take another shot.

160 33s later... I finally find myself BACK TO EVEN!

So this begs the question... Is merely breaking even after 210 tournies an indication of my skill level at this level? Before you jump on my back about how many SnGs you need to play to get an idea of your ROI, I'm merely asking if you can get a feel for whether or not you are a winning or losing player after 210 tournies. A 210 tournie break-even bad run just feels excessive to blame on variance.

I welcome any responses and encouragement that this rollercoaster ride that is my bankroll has finally ended.

BDarch
06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't think its an indication fo your skill level really but it could be. It is possible to have break-even or losing streaks over a lot of tournaments. I seem to remember raptor having two breakeven streaks that lasted 1k tournaments each. I just came out of an about 300 tournament long breakeven streak, so it could easily just be variance but post some hands to make sure.

KramerTM
06-16-2005, 06:35 PM
1K break-even streak?!

Raptor... you are the man if you were able to fight through that one. Me... I would have either quit the game or dropped back down to the 6s.

Yeah, I've been posting a lot more hands here lately and trying to respond to others posts. I'll try to keep it up... thanks for the response.

KramerTM
06-16-2005, 06:40 PM
By the way, very puzzling to me is the fact that I have a 30% ITM at the 33s with a 0% ROI. Does that indicate I am not finishing in 1st enough??? Not sure how to interpret that.

Well, here's the breakdown:

1st: 29
2nd: 18
3rd: 16
4th: 28 <--- sickening
5th: 37 <--- even worse
6th: 27
7th: 28
8th: 16
9th: 7
10th: 4

P.S. - Playing with a $0.00/hr hourly rate is NOT as fun as playing with play money.