PDA

View Full Version : Bubble - A9 off suit

ZebraAss
06-16-2005, 05:22 PM
I can't get over how bad this turned out...

It was a $55.00 and we were down to 4 players.
I had 6000
Villian 1 had 2500
Villian 2 had 750
Villian 3 had 750

Blinds are 100/200

Villian 1 is UTG and raises to 500, Villian 2 and 3 fold and I push all in with my A2 off suit. He calls with KJ and wins.

Next hand I push from SB with A 9 and Villian 1 in BB insta-calls with AK and I'm gone.

How bad was the A9 push. I was pushing quite a bit because of the stack size and thought he would push back if I made a small raise... But I still had a ton of chips!!! Why did I go all in!!!

pergesu
06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
At first glance, I can't see pushing with A9 being very good at all. You've got 17.5 BB, and there are two players each with less than 4 at this point. You've already seen that he's a pretty loose caller, and I would imagine he'll have a looser calling range given that he now can't be eliminated. A standard raise is way better than pushing.

This may seem weak, but you could even fold this. You've been active, you said, so folding may help to rejuvenate your FE a little. You're in no danger of the blinds, and the two small stacks make it really easy to wait it out.

microbet
06-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I think it was pretty bad in that spot. Your stack is too big. ITM is too easy. 2nd place is pretty easy. Those blinds won't really help you get first place.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Because you were on tilt and so made a terrible mistake. Do not let your emotions cloud your judgement and your ROI will improve.

wiggs73
06-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I like the first push. I fold the 2nd one, only because of the 2 small stacks.

mlagoo
06-29-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the first push. I fold the 2nd one, only because of the 2 small stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly why you should raise. its just, there is no reason for the raise to be an all-in.

the only thing i'm thinking is -- if you raise to 3xBB, and the BB puts you allin, do you call at that point thinking hes good for a resteal? I wonder if I would get away from this one when reraised.

I really don't like the first push though. If you were opening the pot it'd be great for a raise, but no reason to push with it. Especially if medium stack villian had demonstrated himself as a callstation donk (which, with the KJ call, I have to assume he had).

lastchance
06-29-2005, 02:46 PM
You easily get away from the resteal. There's no way in hell you're calling a resteal here with the small stacks what they are.

mlagoo
06-29-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You easily get away from the resteal. There's no way in hell you're calling a resteal here with the small stacks what they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so. I'm not thinking through it clearly. If the guy just called an allin with KJ, he probably isn't capable of being enough of a thinking player to push with any two cards in this position because you are required to fold with the blinds coming through to the short stacks. So he would likely have a hand.

I still like a raise here. Just not an all-in.

Sometimes I feel completely incapable of translating my thoughts into coherent posts.

edit: Would you call a resteal if you felt his range was any two? I guess it's possible that it would still be a fold, but I don't have the link for ICM here at work.