PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Dogtown

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Is it worth seeing, or do I need to be high?

Alobar
06-16-2005, 05:20 PM
It was ok. Nothing spectacular, but not a giant waste of time either. I dont think it would be any better high.

Jack of Arcades
06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
I've heard pretty good things, which is surprising based on how bad the previews were.

kenberman
06-16-2005, 06:28 PM
dunno, but the documentary done a few years ago "Dogtown and Z Boys" is great. interesting story, really nicely done. Stacy Peralta also did the documentary (he was a Z boy as well).

mason55
06-16-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was ok. Nothing spectacular, but not a giant waste of time either. I dont think it would be any better high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar - can you compare to dogtown and z boys?

Alobar
06-16-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry I havent seen the documentary in question.

I guess I can give a little more about the movie since I'm the only one whos seen it.

If you are into the subject matter you will enjoy it. The acting is good, its a very well done movie. There isnt anything "bad" about the movie. however since its based on a true story, its not exactly the most exciting movie. Its definately interesting, but it lacks a certain punch to it. I can't see anyone who was interested in this movie from the previews, going to watch it and not liking it. But you arent going to think it was the greatest movie ever. so if you think you might like to see it, you prolly wont feel it was a waste of time. But if the previews left you going "meh", its not going to suprise you.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-16-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry I havent seen the documentary in question.

I guess I can give a little more about the movie since I'm the only one whos seen it.

If you are into the subject matter you will enjoy it. The acting is good, its a very well done movie. There isnt anything "bad" about the movie. however since its based on a true story, its not exactly the most exciting movie. Its definately interesting, but it lacks a certain punch to it. I can't see anyone who was interested in this movie from the previews, going to watch it and not liking it. But you arent going to think it was the greatest movie ever. so if you think you might like to see it, you prolly wont feel it was a waste of time. But if the previews left you going "meh", its not going to suprise you.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what you're trying to say is it's a renter.

Alobar
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So what you're trying to say is it's a renter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, Id put it above "renter" status. If you've got the jones to go to the movie theatre and nothing there is making you wet, this is a good one to see.

ZeeJustin
06-16-2005, 09:25 PM
It sucked. I was sooo bored during this movie. I rarely say this about movies, but it really could have used a lot of nudity.