PDA

View Full Version : How would you play this?

01-16-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi,
It's hand from my friend's game, I was an observer. I have different opinion how this hand shoul be play but im interested what do you think about it (we just starting playing poker for real money).

It's on Pokerstars 0.1/0.25 Pot Limit

He is on big blind, and is dealt J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
2 players in EP and 2 MP limps, small blind fold, my friend checks.(5 players left)

Flop: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
He bets $0.5, both players in EP folds, then rerise from player in MP, call, and my friend calls too.

Turn: 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

My friend checks, then 1st player in MP bets $4.15, second player calls, my friend folds.

River: 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

1st player bets 9.17 all-in
2nd calls

showdown AA vs QJs

Conclusions:

My friend's fold was good, but in my opinion with informations he had it was bad fold, I think he should rereise preflop to gain some information, but i'd like to know what do you think about it.

thebroker
01-16-2003, 10:23 AM
It is common to limp with JJ in pot-limit games. I don't like the less than half-pot bet on the flop. I would've bet around two-thirds. You din't say how big the AA player's raise was on the flop, I would probably fold to pot-raise. When you post a pot-limit or no-limit hand it is very important to list the involved players' stack sizes.

01-16-2003, 10:44 AM
He limped with AA.

thebroker
01-16-2003, 12:00 PM