PDA

View Full Version : My 6-Max Hands

Nfinity
06-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm at the 10k hand mark of 6-Max, and while I've read everyones posts on the subject, I've hesitated to post some of my own until I've got a firm grip on what questions I need to be asking.

I've played all of these hands at Absolute. For those of you just starting out SH I highly recommend it. The constant reloads makes for a good Variance buster, and the lack of Realtime Updating w/ GT+ pushes you to make real solid reads and pay attention.

Now the content:

PS: I won't be including any PT stats unless I have had them specifically exported to my notes for some reason. I will give you all the reads I had at the time, as well as my thought process at the time. Keep in mind I'm still weening myself off of Playerview/ GT+.

No solid reads on these players, they are fairly new to me. I have seen both players call to the River on more than 1 occasion with the losing hand, so I'm giving their range of hands a wide berth until proven otherwise.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Button has been raising a lot in this position, regardless of limpers. I'm not too sure about the pre-flop call with all this multiway action.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

In retrospect this raise looks dangerous. I run the risk of getting it 3-betted by button, but at the time I was thinking that getting it HU vs. either one wouldn't be too bad. I was happy when Button folded, but I really didn't like all this action from a player who contented himself with checking and calling most of the time.(He was LP-P in my mind) All of a sudden I put myself way behind and decide to fold the Turn UI, call down if improved. After the flop I put him on Trips or a ragged 2 pair, although I guess slowplayed Aces is a possibility.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Villian is being kinda liberal with his raises. He's raising legit hands(for 6-max) he's just not being very position aware with them.(A9o and KTo from UTG were some noteworthy examples)

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

This one fits in with Entity's post about betting. Should I have bet the Turn here? Would it be any different if I didn't have the A/images/graemlins/club.gif Villian is very Loose and extremely Passive.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

SB is new, can't tell you much about her. UTG has been a knot on a log post-flop, I've seen him give a little action one time with an overpair on a ragged low board, but thats the extent of the raising I've seen him do.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Hello marginal hand in weird situation. I'm not ready to put anyone on the straight yet, So I raise with my overpair. At this point I'm SB on a piece of that goofy board, and I'm allowing that one, maybe both, have some sort of draw to the straight.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Given my read I have to say that Q was good for me, I plan on folding to a raise from either player, especially UTG.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

I think I'm checking most, if not all rivers here.
Final Pot: 10 BB

That's what I have for you today. As I progress I'll try to get better at noting my reads so I have more to give you, but this is what I have, so I don't want to give you anymore than that, or else it will foil the integrity of your advice.

Sasnak
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Have you tried here??? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=headsup)

Nfinity
06-16-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried here??? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=headsup)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I read that forum everyday.

kapw7
06-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Hand 1
Bet the turn-fold a raise. You don't have outs to call so bet.

Hand 2
Call the flop for the reasons you said and sometimes go for a turn raise to protect

Hand 3
Bet the turn. The way you played... raise the river

Hand 4
(Don't bet this turn. You only have a draw. And you run the risk of getting raised by a straight (or a bluff). Again check-call the river. It's less likely a worse hand will call your bet - it's more likely you will induce a bluff esp. after showing weakness on the turn.)

EDIT. Didnt notice the pair of Js. You have posted too many hands for me/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I go with your turn bet. River is read dependent. No good reads and bet becomes better.

Hand 5
I liked your play (not that I hated the previous ones, just have a different approach)

toss
06-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Hand with AKo, bet the turn. I really don't see a reason not to. Against these Absolute players I'd tend to check fold the river since you only called the turn.

In the KJo I like the raise since its likely you'll have to pay two bets anyways by calling. When SB 3-bets he almost always has you beat. Good fold if he's really LPP. Against a regular player I would call the turn since you'll often have 6 outs.

AJo hand I'd bet the turn almost all the time and check behind on the river. The second Q is a really good card to continue betting on. If raised I'd muck.

2nd AJo hand I'd bet the turn and check the river. Although the board looks crappy, your hand will be good more than you think. If villain bets the river I fold though.

77 hand looks good.

toss
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this is really weaktight against villains we don't really have reads against.

Quercus
06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he constant reloads makes for a good Variance buster, and the lack of Realtime Updating w/ GT+ pushes you to make real solid reads and pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the constant reloads has brought up the average level of player as well. Good for your game, but its not clear that the bonus/rakeback overcome the far better table selection at Party.

toss
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Donks at Absolute buy-in at the shorthanded tables for the minimum or twice the minimum all the time. They either gambool it up or wait for superstrong hands. Either way you can kill 'em.

kapw7
06-16-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this is really weaktight against villains we don't really have reads against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I were a bit more weak-tight. But I am thinking that Absolute players are very weak tights so a raise with all these players in the hand usually means business(trips or flush). If the raise comes from the button I'll might call.

toss
06-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Absolute players are probably tighter, but not so tight that they'll have the flush every single time they raise a turn like that.

McGahee
06-16-2005, 05:47 PM
In hand #3 bet the turn, as there's no reason for villian to not give you credit for a Q. If the board had paired on the flop instead of the turn, I would normally check behind on the turn and call a river bet since it's more likely you're going to get C/R'd by trips on the turn.

Hand #5 is good.
Hands #1 &amp; #4 I'd probably play the same depending on reads and my image, though an argument could probably be made for a turn bet in each.

Hand #2 - I hate these situations. Playing KJo OOP is trouble a lot of times, but I also hate folding it or playing it passively against an auto-button raiser when I could easily be the best hand; so I know the feeling and I'd like to see what others think. Since button was not the post-flop aggressor, your turn fold is probably ok. I don't think I like the flop raise though.
The problem with posting this many hands is that nothing specific ever really gets discussed.

SomethingClever
06-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. With a proper read you can fold to a raise. If you don't get raised, or if you don't have a good read, you can then opt to bet/fold, check/call or check/fold the river... if you're HU, I usually bet/fold against non-maniacs. (Check/call against maniacs).

Hand 2: Not sure why you raised the flop here. I call, then evaluate on the turn.

Hand 3: I wouldn't 3-bet an UTG raiser with AJ unless I knew they were raising way too many hands. I raise KTo UTG every time, so this isn't that out of line for him to be doing. I'd usually bet the turn there, too.

Hand 4: Easy turn bet. Nice river bet, though.

Hand 5: You could overlimp this at 1/2. I like to raise it if the previous limper is loose, though. I'm not sure what knot on a log means, but it sounds tight. Perfectly played postflop.

Nfinity
06-16-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2 - I hate these situations. Playing KJo OOP is trouble a lot of times, but I also hate folding it or playing it passively against an auto-button raiser when I could easily be the best hand; so I know the feeling and I'd like to see what others think. Since button was not the post-flop aggressor, your turn fold is probably ok. I don't think I like the flop raise though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I'm still not sure about the the Pre-Flop call, but I think my decision for the Flop was pretty much Raise or Fold. I'd like to see what others think though.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with posting this many hands is that nothing specific ever really gets discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, the problem, though, is I play a lot of hands on a daily basis. If it was just standard Full Ring there wouldn't be too many hands that I couldnt figure out, but since this is a new area for me, I have a lot of sitiuations that are new grounds for me. I plan on making my future posts contain similar situations, Like River plays or some theme, hopefully this will help out a little.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: I wouldn't 3-bet an UTG raiser with AJ unless I knew they were raising way too many hands. I raise KTo UTG every time, so this isn't that out of line for him to be doing. I'd usually bet the turn there, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

My general overall feel for this player was that he was raising a lot of hands, w/ the examples I just wanted to make it clear that he wasn't a pure maniac, just overvalued a lot of hands. I also hoped it would let you guys know that he wasn't position aware, which I think is a valuable piece of information to have at 6-max.

I seriously never thought that KTo could be raising hand UTG. I can see it's value there, but I can also see where it could get you in trouble sometimes, so it's probably not standard, and it would take someone with a little more skill than this guy had to do it correctly.

PS: I love that Avatar.