PDA

View Full Version : Hand #1 of a $33. All in w/ QQ preflop, sure why not...

Sponger15SB
06-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I've got QQ in the BB.

Folded to the Button who raises to 150, SB folds, I push

Whatcha think?

octaveshift
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got QQ in the BB.

Folded to the Button who raises to 150, SB folds, I push

Whatcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it, given the 10x BB raise. This just screams "donk!" to me.

SuitedSixes
06-16-2005, 10:41 PM
I think everyone needs to choose which hand they "draw a line in the sand" with in regards to pushing/calling all-ins with. For me QQ is on the pushable side of that line, AK and JJ are not.

pokerlaw
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I haven't played party in awhile, but my PF pushes 1st hand seemed to always get called by JJ, so i like it.

durron597
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I probably raise to 400 and push any flop.

Sponger15SB
06-16-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about an A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif flop and I've got Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Seriously though, I don't like the whole "push any flop" idea.

SuitedSixes
06-17-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about an A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif flop and I've got Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Seriously though, I don't like the whole "push any flop" idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither. If you're going to see a flop, you probably need to fold anything with an A or K that makes your Spidey-sense tingle. Which is why I push QQ and let my luckbox throw a Q on the river.

HoldingFolding
06-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Your avatar reminds me of the time I was very, very wasted in Tokyo and my friend bought be a flaming cocktail. I didn't see him blow his out and I proceeded to pour the thing all over my face and hands attempting to drink it - did I mention I was very, very drunk. The pain sobered me up considerably, so that I was fully conscious when my 'friend' puked all over me on the jam-packed subway on the return to our hotel. So far an everyday story of lager louticity. However, the next day, with blisters the size of saucers we went to a (very) hot natural spa. As I stepped down into the bath, I remember thinking 'whatever you do don't get any of this scalding water on your burns'. Mere nanseconds later I slipped on the rocks and found myself fully submerged. Pain - let me tell you about pain.