PDA

View Full Version : AA fold in big pot on turn

billyjex
06-16-2005, 03:44 PM
This is a hand I observed a friend playing. Party 3/6 10-handed.

Not much in the way of reads. MP2 and CO are loose passives. BB (main villian) is unknown.

Hero is UTG w/ AA. Hero raises, MP2 and CO call, BB calls.

Flop is 6 5 2r. BB checks, Hero bets, all call.

6.5 big bets to the turn. Turn is a 4 (completing the rainbow.) BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 and CO call, BB raises.

Hero folds.

How do you play it?

Jules22
06-16-2005, 03:49 PM
i think this is a great fold, but i probably would call down because i suck

ihardlyknowher
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a hand I observed a friend playing. Party 3/6 10-handed.

Not much in the way of reads. MP2 and CO are loose passives. BB (main villian) is unknown.

Hero is UTG w/ AA. Hero raises, MP2 and CO call, BB calls.

Flop is 6 5 2r. BB checks, Hero bets, all call.

6.5 big bets to the turn. Turn is a 4 (completing the rainbow.) BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 and CO call, BB raises.

Hero folds.

How do you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just could not bring myself to fold this against an unknown. Although it is highly unlikely he is bluffing into 3 players who have already bet or called one bet, you are getting 11.5:1 here and some people are stupid enough to make this bluff.

mdob
06-16-2005, 04:38 PM
No way do I lay this down. I'd put BB on a lower pocket pair more often than a 3.
Then again, I also suck.

billyjex
06-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't fold this either. But I understand my friend's argument where he said that this guy checkraising into a field of three players screams strength. As well, he is the BB and can easily have a 3 here.

But I would call it down. Unfortunately, there was no showdown and we will never know the results.

27offsooot
06-16-2005, 06:06 PM
If BB is good, good fold. If a donk, i look him up. Reads are necessary for this hand.

billyjex
06-16-2005, 06:09 PM
If you have a read for every Party 3/6 player you've played against, god bless you. Unknowns pop up from time to time and you don't get to get a read on them that quick, ya know?

nepenthe
06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Good fold.

setzf
06-16-2005, 06:27 PM
i think folding is a bad idea here. many unkwowns would be check raising with two pair in which case you could have up to eight outs, two board cards pairing (6 outs) and two aces. theres enough money to call down without a read id say.

edit: by many i mean in my experience id estimate the checkraise will be 2 pair between 35-50 percent of the time. then again i primarily play live so my advice could be off.