PDA

View Full Version : Holiday in Afghanistan

10-02-2001, 11:55 PM
Okay, I looked around. I checked out the RAWA website. They have a photo gallery. Don't look if you can't stomach decomposing dead babies and severed limbs. The people who get these pictures out have a lot of guts. The link below is to a mirror site, as their other link is getting overloaded. The regular link is http://rawa.kwebcreations.com/gallery.html. I tried to post that link at first but couldn't get it to work when I previewed my post. I hope the provided link to the mirror site below works (it did when I tried) if not try the alternate. (It worked too a minute ago YMMV)

10-03-2001, 01:10 AM
I just stumbled upon the perfect metaphor for the American foreign policy of the last fifty years, and especially the insane propensity of the Americans to fall in love with anyone who claimed was fighting America's enemies. The metaphor is not mine but I find it terribly accurate.

It's the one-night stand.

(!)

..Can't you see it? America has gone to bed with the Khmer Rouge (they were fighting against the Vietnamese), with Islamic fundamendalists in Afghanistan (they were fighting the Russians), with narco-trafficking bandits in Central America (they were fighting the Sandinistas), with narco-trafficking heads of state (they protected the Panama Canal), with Somali warlords (they were fighting marxist Ethiopia), etc etc. America still jumps into bed with many unsavory gigolos, like Turkish fascists (they are a bulwark against ..islamists and Kurdish troublemakers) or Albanian narco-trafficking guerillas (they are fighting Serbs).

I don't know how hot is the sex during those hastily thought out, rushed and very messy encounters. But I do know that the repercussions are a motherfucker to shake off. As subsequent events show, they are rather deadly. So, that much is obvious to me :

American Presidents are clueless about safe sex.