PDA

View Full Version : When girls ask you if they are attractive

miajag81
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
A girl you are pretty good friends with -- and you have no intentions of ever becoming more than just friends with -- asks you how attractive she is on a scale of 1 to 10. In reality she is about a 6 -- not ugly, but not particularly gorgeous. What's your response?

moondogg
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A girl you are pretty good friends with -- and you have no intentions of ever becoming more than just friends with -- asks you how attractive she is on a scale of 1 to 10. In reality she is about a 6 -- not ugly, but not particularly gorgeous. What's your response?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really friends with her, just tell her you would never answer bother trying to answer such a loaded question. Then give her a rash of [censored] about putting you in a situation like that, and tell her to never do it again.

bosoxfan
06-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Tell her for you to be able to give an accurate score you will have to see her naked.

ZeeJustin
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really friends with her, just tell her you would never answer bother trying to answer such a loaded question. Then give her a rash of [censored] about putting you in a situation like that, and tell her to never do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the defensive response? Lots of people tell their mothers and other family members they look great, so shouldn't you be able to compliment a friend on how good she looks? That being said, no one wants to hear they are a 6, so give her an 8, or avoid the lie all together by saying something like, "I dont know, but you're very attractive in that dress."

Women like to hear they look good from everyone, that shouldn't surprise anyone. She's a friend, so give her what she wants.

ceskylev
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
If you can only discuss something as complex and sohpisticated as feminine beauty using "scales of 1 to 10" then you shouldn't be talking to girls.

miajag81
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
She's the one that gave those parameters, not me.

jackdaniels
06-16-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell her for you to be able to give an accurate score you will have to see her naked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wise.

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can only discuss something as complex and sohpisticated as feminine beauty using "scales of 1 to 10" then you shouldn't be talking to girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a girl right?

chaas4747
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I'd [censored] ya, is clearly the correct answer.

dcasper70
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM
My standard response:

"Doesn't matter what I think. What do YOU think you are?"

You'll get some pretty interesting answers, like an obvious hog thinking she's a 7.
Be on the lookout for 8's who think they're 5's....

RacersEdge
06-16-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is a little overboard. If someone I know tells me he's going to set me up with a "10", I'm pretty much accepting.

sweetjazz
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
When a girl asks if she's attractive, I prefer:

"No, but I'll sleep with you anyway."

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When a girl asks if she's attractive, I prefer:

"No, but I'll sleep with you anyway."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

Alobar
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Unless its a questionon how they look "today", like howdo they look in an outfit or something, my standard response to this annoying (incredibly loaded) question, is eye them up and down for about half a sec, and then go "meh, I'd [censored] on your chest". So I don't get asked that question to much anymore.

I hate all questions that are loaded. They are completely meaningless, because if you are asking them because you are insecure the answer isnt going to change anything, because you know how they are going to answer the question before you ask it. Its like "Did you miss me?" wtf kinda question is that? Even if I didnt, im going to say I did. And do you really want to hear me say I didnt? My personal rule is I never ask a question unless I'm prepared to hear every possible answer.

moondogg
06-16-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the defensive response? Lots of people tell their mothers and other family members they look great, so shouldn't you be able to compliment a friend on how good she looks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can compliment a friend, but that's not the issue at hand. The OP is not offering the complement, the friend is just digging for one. Generally speaking, by digging for complements like this she knows that she may be putting the OP in a position where he/she has to either lie or hurt her feelings. Putting a friend in this position strikes be as obnoxiously manipulative, IMHO.

Wes ManTooth
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Have to like it when they ask if you think the outfit they are wearing makes them look fat. so tempted to say; no those clothes dont make you look fat... the fat makes you look fat.

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my standard response to this annoying (incredibly loaded) question, is eye them up and down for about half a sec, and then go "meh, I'd [censored] on your chest".

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this answer.

DeezNuts
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
"Solid....seven and a half"

DN

Blarg
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Tell her she's a 10.

Then suddenly freeze up and go, "Uh, wait a minute. You meant ... 10 being good?"

wacki
06-16-2005, 04:07 PM
meh, I'd [censored] on your chest".

I assume this is "poop" on your chest?

Its like "Did you miss me?" wtf kinda question is that? Even if I didnt, im going to say I did.

Not me. I always tell the truth, even when I lie. Inch from a yard baby, inch from a yard.

My personal rule is I never ask a question unless I'm prepared to hear every possible answer.

I think I know what you mean. If you mean you won't go psycho if they give you a bad answer then I agree. If you mean you don't ask a question you need to know the answer to, well .... that's not the best mindset IMO.

To the OP:

If the girl is doable, I will shock her with a crude remark that lets her know I [censored] her and treat her as a piece of meat while doing it.

If the girl isn't doable.

1) I make fun of her for being insecure.
2) Sidestep the question and tell her about someone who does have the hots for her.
3) Comment on a negative feature and then comment on a positive feature.
4) Anything but give her a number. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tron
06-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Divide by 2, then add 7.

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was something else.

BWebb
06-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If "poop" is the first thought that came into your mind, you are sick man.

stabn
06-16-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No ones ever taken a dump on your chest?

BWebb
06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No ones ever taken a dump on your chest?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I said was I didn't think of that FIRST...

RunDownHouse
06-16-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have to like it when they ask if you think the outfit they are wearing makes them look fat. so tempted to say; no those clothes dont make you look fat... the fat makes you look fat.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Does this make me look fat?"

"Yeah, that, and that battleship you call an ass."

And Justin, you are way off on this one. She's obviously fishing for a compliment, and putting you in an awkward position in order to do so. If she's got such bad self-esteem issues that she needs constant validation from those who - presumably - already like her, then its time to rethink your assessment of her.

hoyaboy1
06-16-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, its the first thing I thought of too

wacki
06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, figure out what word other than shi-t works there that will also be replaced with [censored].

Cum sure as hell doesn't.

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, figure out what word other than shi-t works there that will also be replaced with [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I said this was a great answer because I assumed it was cum, jizz, spooge or something.

Blarg
06-16-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought for a word was "splooge."

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-16-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think of poop. I thought of [censored].

durron597
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceskylev
06-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Nope.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She's the one that gave those parameters, not me.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, this is a loaded question that could become an argument. In an argument, whoever defines the terms, wins. So, step one is to change the terms. Preface with some talk about how beauty is multi-dimensional...

Then tell her she is beautiful. Be sincere.

If this feels like a lie, don't let it show. Comfort yourself with this: confidence is 90% of attractiveness and you're increasing her confidence, thereby making her more attractive, turning your statement into a self-fulfilling prophesy.

wacki
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now telling gmail to put anymore e-mails from you in the spam box.

BWebb
06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said this was a great answer because I assumed it was cum, jizz, spooge or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, didn't know I could type cum. Cum cum cum cum cum cum. Awesome!

Jakesta
06-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Never tell a girl that she is ugly, even if she is. There is no benefit to doing so. If you say that she is hot(even if she isn't), and then have a couple beers, you can probably bang her.

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never tell a girl that she is ugly, even if she is. There is no benefit to doing so. If you say that she is hot(even if she isn't), and then have a couple beers, you can probably bang her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit. If anyone else said this, I'd say it was very wise.

scotty34
06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the ONLY thing I can think of.

Malachii
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
"You're a 1, and YES, your ass looks fat in those pants!"

Works every time.

DcifrThs
06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My standard response:

You'll get some pretty interesting answers, like an obvious hog thinking she's a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem w/ 8s that think they're 5s is that they are never convinced of their beauty. always saying things like "so what do you like best about me?" or "why did you smile at me when we met?" ...so you give doting responses that come back to haunt you when after a time you stop always telling her she's beautiful and the cycle starts anew.

personally i would rather a 7 who is perfectly comfortable with who she is, how she looks, and her body than a 10 that thinks shes a 6.

note: there is a lot more to a woman than a scale but since we're on the subject, those are my thoughts.

-Barron

James Boston
06-16-2005, 07:48 PM
"I'd do you"

spamuell
06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then tell her she is beautiful. Be sincere.

If this feels like a lie, don't let it show.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Malachii
06-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Better yet: Tell girls that attractiveness for guys is a binary thing, and you'd like to prove to her that she's a one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Better yet: Tell girls that attractiveness for guys is a binary thing, and you'd like to prove to her that she's a one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nerd humor always reels in the hot ones.

Blarg
06-16-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, this is a loaded question that could become an argument. In an argument, whoever defines the terms, wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true

[ QUOTE ]
So, step one is to change the terms. Preface with some talk about how beauty is multi-dimensional...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no reflection on your answer, but I'm cracking myself up thinking how good a scene in a teen comedy this would make, if you attempted to seriously and with great sincerity answered a girl's question that way.

I'm also thinking how funny it would to do so, but then double back on it for a zinger. "Well, beauty is multi-dimensional. [bit of a pause as the speaker gazes sincerely with glassy eyes into the distance. Then, quickly getting a hold of himself -- ] But ... that is one hell of a fat ass."

Mark It Zero!
06-16-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of people tell their mothers and other family members they look great, so shouldn't you be able to compliment a friend on how good she looks?

[/ QUOTE ]

like you even have a female friend. Hilarious. The closest you got to having a female friend was trying to con Veronica O into pussy with a Pokerstars stake.

Blarg
06-16-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls are tribal. They're also plenty mean and love to gossip more than anything else in the world.

If you get one mad at you, they'll spread the word to as many girls as they can. And women aren't always particularly interested in whether a good story is the truth or not, or if it's even remotely plausible. Especially if they're backing one another up in some kind of solidarity schtick.

Get vetted by the tribe and you're on easy street, but let the virus of one bad encounter spread, and you're gonna have bad mojo following you around like it was a precious family heirloom being passed through the tribe.

Blarg
06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My standard response:

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem w/ 8s that think they're 5s is that they are never convinced of their beauty. always saying things like "so what do you like best about me?" or "why did you smile at me when we met?" ...so you give doting responses that come back to haunt you when after a time you stop always telling her she's beautiful and the cycle starts anew.

personally i would rather a 7 who is perfectly comfortable with who she is, how she looks, and her body than a 10 that thinks shes a 6.

note: there is a lot more to a woman than a scale but since we're on the subject, those are my thoughts.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between being convinced of their beauty(I think that's a thing that comes and goes, anyway) and being convinced that YOU'RE convinced of their beauty.

So when they ask you, they're not necessarily insecure or feeling they're not beautiful. They're not asking for something objective; they're asking for something completely subjective -- what YOU feel about their beauty.

On a side note: Many will do this even if they don't give a damn about you or want your attention; women generally hate thinking they're unattractive to any guys, even guys they wish would never look at them again. They'll often want to be desired, even if not pursued or even paid attention to.

humdinger
06-16-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm new on this forum, but it seems like you guys struggle with honesty.

sexypanda
06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're poker players. You'll learn to be just like us soon enough.

humdinger
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm a poker player too. But it doesn't control my life. I thought this was the non-poker forum...

I'm not trying to change anybody, I was just surprised, that's all.

HD

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no struggles with it. I'm as honest as I need to be.

wacki
06-16-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a poker player too. But it doesn't control my life. I thought this was the non-poker forum...

I'm not trying to change anybody, I was just surprised, that's all.

HD

[/ QUOTE ]

This is OOT, be very careful who you call a poker player. If you randomly call someone he a poker player (or atleast a good one), odds are you are probably wrong.

siccjay
06-16-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works on ugly girls.

rusellmj
06-16-2005, 11:07 PM
"Of course. Most guys aren't into girls with large thighs but I'm not one of them".

Blarg
06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
"Does that include your breath?"

stankybank
06-16-2005, 11:17 PM
either reply 8 or better or dig your own grave.

gvibes
06-16-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls with low self esteem are easy.

A friend of mine made of the most depraved comments I've ever heard - After hooking up with a girl on spring break, he said "She's just about the perfect spring break hookup - she has low self esteem, and was abused by her father."

My jaw dropped after that one.

gvibes
06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
I assumed "poop" as well - probably due a family guy skit.

[from memory]
Peter: You know, the renowned photographer robert mapplethorpe starter out doing caricatures.
[flashes to mapplethorpe at a circus with a kid]
mapplethorpe (asks the kid): So, what's your favorite baseball player?
kid: Reggie Jackson!
Mapplethorpe: Ok, well, I'm going to draw him pooping on your chest. What's his number?

jakethebake
06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine made of the most depraved comments I've ever heard - After hooking up with a girl on spring break, he said "She's just about the perfect spring break hookup - she has low self esteem, and was abused by her father."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious!

Wes ManTooth
06-17-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Does this make me look fat?"

"Yeah, that, and that battleship you call an ass."

[/ QUOTE ]

"battleship", hahaha ... well said...well said...

Malachii
06-17-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Better yet: Tell girls that attractiveness for guys is a binary thing, and you'd like to prove to her that she's a one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nerd humor always reels in the hot ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no idea.

PS: Shouldn't you be telling someone to go use the search function? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif