PDA

View Full Version : Top and bottom pair on scary flop!

swatkaizen
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
MP1 is LP-P but plays solid enough. Should I stay aggressive or be concerned that he capped the flop?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

LoaferGee12
06-16-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm folding the turn. After that flop, the only plausible hand that you beat was AK which now crushes you.

Fantam
06-16-2005, 03:47 PM
On the flop you are behind to AA,QQ,JJ and AQ (11 combinations). You are ahead of KK,TT and AK(20 combinations) as likely PF 3-betting hands for MP1.

When MP1 caps the flop, I think its more likely that you are behind at that stage, so calling down makes sense.

At the turn, you are only ahead of TT, but have about 8 outs to win or tie on the river, so a call is just about ok, given the size of the pot.

On the river you can still easily have the 2nd best hand, but a call is still probably justified.

So, I think you were correct to just check/call after MP1 3-bet the flop.

TomBrooks
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
I think it was correct to slow down on the turn.

SocialWelfareIV
06-16-2005, 04:16 PM
On the river, you're only behind AK and AQ. There are a total of 6 combinations. I think you can raise here and call a reraise.

Note that there the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif is the only A that you can't account for. There are lots of hands that could play the preflop and the flop the same way that you've passed -- JJ (1 combo), QQ(2 combos), KK(2 combos), AT /images/graemlins/heart.gif(1 combo), maybe Ax /images/graemlins/heart.gif (probably a 9)(probably 1 combo), some other KT s (probably /images/graemlins/heart.gifs), and maybe even AT o. When you see that last A fall, I think you can raise for value --there are tons of hands that are played the same way that you caught up with.

theRealMacoy
06-16-2005, 04:24 PM
okay the turn K is a concern

but because he is LP i think you were behind on the flop
when he is capping

there is no way that i would fold the river
i am thinking bet the river

you are only behind AK and AQ

cheers,
the Real Macoy

Disconnected
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
You're behind to a lot of pre-flop 3-bet hands, and especially after he caps the flop, it doesn't look good -- if he's truly passive, he's not capping the flop with TT or anything with a K in it, I wouldn't think. I think it's close between a call and a fold on the turn if you trust that he's not aggressive/tricky, but it might not be close -- I'd call, in any event.

When you hit one of your outs on the river, though, I would bet/call at least, maybe bet/3-bet. You just crushed JJ and QQ, although AQ and AK still beat you (again, I don't think a passive caps the flop with AK).

Disconnected
06-16-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the turn, you are only ahead of TT, but have about 8 outs to win or tie on the river, so a call is just about ok, given the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we just fell behind TT on the turn.

atnels
06-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Flop and turn are fine.

I would want to get my money in on the river, though. Villain is more likely to have QQ or JJ then AK or AQ.

Fantam
06-16-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, we just fell behind TT on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well spotted. My mistake.