PDA

View Full Version : Brantford Ontario

The _Grifter
01-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Anyone here play in Brantford Ontario ? If so, what are the games like...I'm moving there in a couple of weeks.

...Thanks. G.

slim
01-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I play 5/10 at Brantford. See my reply to "What's the Skinny on poker in Toronto". If you want more info, let me know.

The _Grifter
01-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Slim...

...I lived in Cambridge for 12 years and moved to N.S right before the card room opened. I played in Port Perry for the most part, but will now have a 15 minute drive when I get back to Cambridge.

...I tried to get my girlfriend to play some holdem, but she feels a bit intimidated since she only plays in home games.

...I suspect the games in Brantford would be very similar to the Port Perry and Rama games.

...I'm looking forward to playing again...it's been 6 months since I've played.

...How would you classify the games there ( 5-10 that is)?

slim
01-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi Grifter,

Nice to hear from a fellow Canadian. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I like playing at Brantford because there are more fish there than Port Perry. I think this is so because the cardroom is new so you get a lot of people who play slots or Black jack who are curious about the new poker room and want to give it a try. Now I don't want to mislead you and make you think everyone is a beginner,there are a fair share of regulars, but definitley more beginners than atPort Perry. Also, the fact that it is non-smoking means that a lot of the hard core players (most of them smoke) will go to Port Perry. It is similar to Rama......can get very looose at times. It's frustrating though because the floorpeople and dealers sometimes don't know rules. Also, they have a smoking room downstairs so quite often, there'll only be 7 players at the table because one is on dinner, one is smoking and one is in the can.

The _Grifter
01-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Slim,

...We'll have to hook up for a beer when I get back in town. It's nice to see a fellow 2+2'er from the Brantford region. ( With that said...I hope I don't come across too many from this site /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The _Grifter
01-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Slim,

...We'll have to hook up for a beer when I get back in town. It's nice to see a fellow 2+2'er from the Brantford region. ( With that said...I hope I don't come across too many from this site /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

slim
01-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Sorry Grifter, I don't drink..........but come by and say hi. I'm there sundays ussually and I wear a yellow Bellagio cap.

JoeyT
01-21-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna head up to check this place out Friday night. I'll probably only have time for an all night type session, breakfast, and then a quick afternoon session before heading home. Will 5/10 be running all night and morning, or will there be a few hour period where the game breaks up and I'll be forced to go to the car and get a quick nap?

Thanks

slim
01-22-2003, 12:51 AM
I've only ever played all night once at Brantford and there were still 2 games going all night.....but that was over the Xmas holidays. I don't know how many games there would be during regualr weekends.....I'm sure there should be at least one 5/10 table.