PDA

View Full Version : Is this a standard push?

Freudian
06-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Level 3. 7-handed. I am in SB with 855 chips. I get A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Two limpers before me (who cover me chipwise, both are pretty loose ~40% seeing flop). I push.

zambonidrivr
06-16-2005, 01:53 PM
re-raise. hard to tell without knowing chip counts

kyro
06-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I would.

kyro
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Reraising OOP with AK after two limpers with only 18BB? Yuck, I'll take the chips thanks.

Freudian
06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
The problem with players like this is that they will call my raise preflop, and if they get a piece of the flop and I don't, I won't have any way of winning this hand.

kamrann
06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
The problem with this situation is that the vast majority of the time they're either limping with junk (in which case they fold, you pick up a few blinds, not bad) or with pocket pairs. A lot of players will limp with 66 - TT, and they will call big allin pushes after doing so. You really don't want this, since you're marginally behind and have too many chips to want to take a coin flip anyway. For this reason I much prefer being able to reraise an open-raiser allin with AK, rather than push it into limpers.

I think it's marginal here between completing and pushing. A few less chips though and I'd definitely push.

octaveshift
06-16-2005, 02:40 PM
I like to extract maximum value from my big hands. I complete and see a flop.

Freudian
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with this situation is that the vast majority of the time they're either limping with junk (in which case they fold, you pick up a few blinds, not bad) or with pocket pairs. A lot of players will limp with 66 - TT, and they will call big allin pushes after doing so. You really don't want this, since you're marginally behind and have too many chips to want to take a coin flip anyway. For this reason I much prefer being able to reraise an open-raiser allin with AK, rather than push it into limpers.

I think it's marginal here between completing and pushing. A few less chips though and I'd definitely push.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players who call with 66-TT will sometimes call with AQ-AT. At the lower levels it happens more than you would think.

Freudian
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to extract maximum value from my big hands. I complete and see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way you are going to extract any value here is if an Ace or a King flops.

joeboe2001
06-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Why risk your entire stack to pick up $75TC? Raise 3BB, you can go all in IF you flop an ace or king, or play more prudently if you don't.

Freudian
06-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Its 175 chips in the middle.

joeboe2001
06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Even though I can't add, I still prefer the raise.

But I only play one SNG at a time, and try to win them all. If you are grinding out several tournaments at a time, hour after hour, your push is okay, I guess. Most here would agree (with you) I think.